Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Koh Chang question ....

Liked

Koh Chang question ....

I cannot seem to find a simple answer to a simple question on my googling and searching about Koh Chang island.

Can one take a vehicle over (on a car ferry of course :cyclopsani: ) to Koh Chang?

Somewhere, sometime I believe I recall reading that the whole island is vehicle-verboten. But perhaps I am thinking of another island. Koh Chang is not particularly small, and the map show roads ... but perhaps these are for commercial transport only.

A definitive answer would be most welcome.

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

hi,

I was in Koh Chang in November, we drove down by car, there are lots of ferry points were you pay almost nothing to get your car on to the island. Infrastructure has doubled over the last 2 years and to that trend there is no end in sight. I would actually recommend to take a car with you to explore the island. From beaches to waterfalls...

Sice I was a guest, my friend goes to Koh Chang 5 times a year, I did not plan anything and can┬┤t give any details on ferries and hotels. I have not seen any gay venues but I did not really try to find them.

MaX

You can take a car over, But I would recommend against it. The road that winds around the island is narrow and winding. Best bet is to go over, and rent a motorbike while you are there. That's what I did. It's very cheap.

Liked
    Thanks guys .. that's exactly what I wanted to know!

One2Go ... I wouldn't mind the motorbike route, but I can assure you, with Suphot owning a beautiful brand new vehicle it would be like moving heaven and earth to convince him not to show it off at all times. Nowadays, a lowly motorbike just won't cut it!
    As the Compte de Valmont said " ... it's beyond my control ... "

Cheers ... & thanks again.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    I was in Ko Chang a few months ago and drove around with out much of a problem. I rented one, only for the day. We got to the island on the large ferry with passenger vehicles. I don't know the cost as it was included in the bus fare from Bangkok.

There are several passenger and vehicle ferries and they are all well marked on rt 3148. Center point is the first vehicle ferry that you come to but a little further down the road is another.

There is one spot on the island not far from the ferry terminal where the road is steep and has some hair-pin turns but other than that, there is no problems and the roads are in good shape.

One side of the island is commercial, West side and the other side more natural, East side. The map I had showed roads that have not yet been built. There is no road that connects all around the island like ko Samui.

The driving was easy on the island and there seems to be less Kamikaze type drivers then on Ko Samui and Phuket.

We stayed at Katcha resort but I noticed a lot of very nice out of the way places on the natural coast and If I owned a car, I would opt for one of those. There is a nice sea food restaurant and hotel that is at the end of the east road, Salak Phet Seafood. It's out on the bay on a dock.

One place I liked at White Sands Beach is this little place that is On the land side of the road, about 1/2 km north from Katcha. It's a natural wood structure, you will see a set of stairs. It's all on the second floor, open balcony, and you sit on the floor on pillows. You can see the balcony from the street.
    E Dok Tong