Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Gay Marrages, an amazing answer here

Anser for Elephantspike

deleted

Best Wishes for the 9th Baz. It's true that the UK lags Europe in much social legislation and often ends up directed by Strasbourg. We have a penchant for muddling through and are really very tolerant ... even of your re-arrangement of our language. Please keep posting that way - your meaning is usually crystal clear.

Uk still lags behind?

Dear Baziel honey,

If you mean the UK lags behind on the adoption issue, then the good news is that from today we are not lagging any more! It is now legal for same-sex couples to adopt children in the UK.

It really does feel like a move on for us here. After so many years of being told we are a lower form of life, the UK has passed laws which guarantee our freedom to choose and have our choices respected.

Assimilation? I have never been a radical lesbian, but I have been an activist in the past, and most of what we were working for has now been achieved. Of course I have no wish to copy the institution of heterosexual marriage, and certainly not their rate of divorce. But I want to have the legal right to bring my Thai partner to live with me in London, and to have his rights protected.

I have no wish to adopt a child either, and thankfully neither has my boyfriend, but I want other gay men to have that choice.

We cannot discount the psychological and spiritual effect on gay men of constantly being told in so many areas of their lives that they are of less value than others in the same society. Fianlly the message to young gay people in the UK is one of valuing and respecting them. It will take some years to see the full effects of this change, but I for one really celebrate it.

Trickyrich said
    We cannot discount the psychological and spiritual effect on gay men of constantly being told in so many areas of their lives that they are of less value than others in the same society.
    This is probably the wisest thing I've read on those boards. Merely clicking applause seemed too small praise. Many thanks TR.

Very wise

You are very wise TR, i am agree but there is a lot more to do. We are examples for all non believers all over the wold, and those egoist moral fundamentalist, we are not sexual perverts but have family morals and gives children a fut er . This in a wold where so many children die from hunger or AIDS. To all those egoist moral fundamentalist i like to say open your eyes, Chance your morals and let us work for a better wold together.

I am happy to hear in UK you can adopt children, TR, seems i walking behind ha ha ha. Me and my friend also not adopt children, we are to busy and i getting to old ha ha ha. But i love the happiness for all those have to clean pampers, wake up in the middle off night for stop crying ha ha ha.

The lagging behind

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRich
    We cannot discount the psychological and spiritual effect on gay men of constantly being told in so many areas of their lives that they are of less value than others in the same society
    That is because so many of you are (sad) conformists. I have never doubted my own worth and have treated with the contempt it deserves others who have tried to belittle my self-esteem. Too many people really want to be victims because it's just too hard to be otherwise

I should state clearly, by the way, that I believe that everyone should be free to dispose their property as they see fit and in principle I believe in the free movement of individuals provided they do not become an economic drag on their country of adoption. However that is because I am an unabashed globalisationist, believing passionately in the free market and liberal democracy. It's the damn lefties I can't stand, who want the benefits without the consequences :roll:

lefties

As you bring us your liberal vision and lifestyle, in Belgium we have a government from lefties and liberals together. Thanks to them , lefties and liberals we have a lot more vision and open mind about ethic questions.
    About the moral fundamentalist, i have seen them on TV , bringing bad arguments about gay people and children adoption. They think there moral must protect the wold from gay people like us. They very hypocrite as i hear gay people are tolerated as long we not show off gay . Well i am what i am nobody Chance that !

Liked
    by Homintern
    " ... Too many people really want to be victims because it's just too hard to be otherwise ... "
    America is the Land 'o Victims ... and I blame it all on that old dear who spilled hot coffee on her own crotch at a McDonalds some years ago. And then she sued them for negligence.

However, if I were an intellectual and historian I might well take it back to a dude nailed to a cross a few thousand years ago. Western civilization will never live that one down.
    Shiite Muslims are also heavily into victimhood-cum-S&M . . . . a potent combination.

A photo of some agitated Americans at a rally in Orange County for victims of accidents in McDonalds outlets:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

No, no

I've thought long and hard about America and the victim mentality. Apart from the native Americans and African Americans, for whom being a victim is sooooo much easier, Americans don't want someone to blame so much as someone to punish. The whole society revolves around crime and punishment to an extraordinary degree. I blame the Puritan settlers, myself

So fuck marriage and equal rights! A little police harassment now seems a small price to have paid for the excitement of living in that secret underground society which flourished when queer was still the label. Living on the outside - being able to see the world from an objective position, being able to avoid its worst aspects while finding your own individual way of life that's what being gay seemed to offer.
    Sounds like he doesn't feel like a special little naughty boy any more. I wonder if, in 50 years, the animal, child and corpse fuckers, not to mention the feces eaters, will reminisce about the good old days of immoral condemnation in the same way?