No one and nothing has been able to prevent gay men from loving and or having sex with anyone they desired. Marriage is not an obstacle or a hindrance to the 'fun' some may have found in obscurity. Same-sex marriage is not a proof of fidelity, and I am certain that same-sex partners married or otherwise might still enjoy 'illicit' sex. Marriage for me is really about the for-life legal stuff.

Okay, maybe not 'marriage' but some kind of legal acknowledgemnt of the ties that bind. And an acknowledgement of the attendant rights of life-partners regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

I would like to know without the shadow of a doubt that when the time comes, I and my partner would have the unquestionable right to be beside each other in a hospital room for example, or to be able to make important decisions for each other should either one of us become incapacitated, or to know for certain that my bequests would go, unchallenged, to my partner should I so wish it. And that we would have the right to live where we wish and raise and protect a family. IMHO. =)