Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: "Upscale Gay Bangkok" - a feature story....

Liked

"Upscale Gay Bangkok" - a feature story....

A message posted on GayThailand.com has links to an interesting feature story about "Upscale Gay Bangkok"...

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index ... topic=1387 .

The poster on GayThailand.com - asdsrfr - states:

"Here is a link to an interesting article on Gay Bangkok. It could be called "Upscale Gay Bangkok" as it's a little elitist in tone. It seems like night life continues to go strong in Bangkok and that's a good thing!"

from the Spring Issue 2007 of Out Traveler.com

http://www.outtraveler.com/features.asp?did=546

TravelerJim

Tj

Ne'er a mention of go-go boys or fuck shows...not "our" kind of tourists, eh girls?

Liked
    One of those gay pc hi so ass ho's. I lost interest after he used the word " phantasmagoric"
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    gay pc hi so ass ho's.
    So that's what they call gay guys who aren't whore-mongering sex predators...

I spotted this in the body of the article

Never mind drooling pensioners out for cheap sex--
    So the author is familiar with Pattaya and this board,,,

Liked
    Pros & cons. The article is a bit twee, with a tinge of ageism peeking out behind each fancy word (to my recollection the last person to use the word "bespoke" in all seriousness ~ twice!! ~ was Queen Victoria. And yes, I was there).

But the link to the website for the Reflections Hotel in Phayathai ( http://www.reflections-thai.com/rooms.html ) makes the place look intriguing and I may freak the beloved out one of these days with a few nights stay in Hip City. It has a pool, which may well turn out to be it's saving grace, and I like the restaurant prices: "Start at 60 baht".

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Re: "Upscale Gay Bangkok" - a feature story....

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    a little elitist in tone
    I had to get out the smelling salts. Elitism. That's worse than paedophilia, isn't it? :cyclops:

Reflections Hotel, Ari, BKK

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Pros & cons. The article is a bit twee, with a tinge of ageism peeking out behind each fancy word (to my recollection the last person to use the word "bespoke" in all seriousness ~ twice!! ~ was Queen Victoria. And yes, I was there).

But the link to the website for the Reflections Hotel in Phayathai ( http://www.reflections-thai.com/rooms.html ) makes the place look intriguing and I may freak the beloved out one of these days with a few nights stay in Hip City. It has a pool, which may well turn out to be it's saving grace, and I like the restaurant prices: "Start at 60 baht".

Cheers ...

Ooops. .. Supervisor and I always liked the Reflection Hotel. The concept is nice, rooms are very comfortable, staff is friendly. Supervisor rates accomodation, food and drinks as good value for money. For us the location is very convient, with many easy access to our business contacts during daytime and later on many gay or gay friendly venues around. Easy walking distance to wonderful Charkran Sauna for a very relaxing late afternoon or a quick ide to some ho and spicy night spots if we want hang out late, where we usually meet trendy and hip Thai crowd. Sure, we do not really miss the typical Patpong cruisers....

Re: Upper-class gay bars in Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by jaafarabutarab
    Thailand is not an egalitarian society. And there are well-known gay bars in Bangkok where the boys have all been trained to be "versatile." These well-known gay bars are NOT well-known to you or me. They are known to the elite, the Thai elite and the resident farang elite. I happen to know of them because I have been dragged there by some people I know in the "elite." Frankly, I found it all to be lousy sex, and preferred what I could find in Pat Pong.

One of those "elite" establishments was...where was it?...way out there on Sukhumwit. You may fantasize "Wow! How great!"

But I never went back.
    The only thing "elite" about those establishments (you could only be talking about Turning Point and/or Studio 982) is that they're outside the Patpong tourist belt. Otherwise, it's all in your head.

Liked

why the sex was lousy

Quote Originally Posted by jaafarabutarab
    Frankly, I found it all to be lousy sex, and preferred what I could find in Pat Pong.
    When he asked, "what yo name?" did you say, jaafarabutarab? That might have scared the bejesus out of him with 7 vowels! Might have though you were coughing up a phlegm ball.
    E Dok Tong