Quote Originally Posted by wowpow
I see on the forums that some are asking the restaurants who provided the food and the bars that provided the drinks to state what portion they are contributing to the Charity. What a bloody cheek!
the people who attend these events pay for their own food and drink, and then are expected to buy raffle tickets and put donations in the box

the venue owners sell their food and drink at a profit, and usually have more customers that night than normal thus getting extra profit and also getting goodwill from hosting the event, so I don't see it as "bloddy cheek" to ask the owners to donate part of their profits - particularly the extra profilts. the venue owners often donate prizes for the raffles (at cost and also geting more goodwill for them) but they could also be offering a set amount from ticket sales, a seperate donation, or whatever

I am not asking bars to reveal their total sales or profit margins, just be up-front about what exactly is going to charity - and I have no problem with bars saying only raffle sales or donations go to charity, but I would expect them to donote as well!

bkkguy