List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamasans Helpful or a Pain??.............

I agree with most of the comments here, but like most stereotypes, it does not work all the time.

I tend to frequent the same bars year after year and I have found a few the of Mammasans to be very helpful and honest businessmen. A couple have been very helpful in advising me on things to see and do outside the bar. Once they get to know you, they can often be very good match makers.

That being said, going a new bar and having a persistant and pestering Mammasan really puts me off. One drink and I am out of there.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    You are kind of supporting my point. So many of them are incredibly annoying!
    Perhaps, but in my experience the really annoying ones are in the minority. The problem is that the annoying ones can be really REALLY annoying at times. But overall I think the mamasans do perform a function and most of them do that job reasonably well, remembering that their job is to make sure that a customer has a drink in front of him and, hopefully, off a barboy.

My favorite mamasan story from this trip - on my 1st trip into the Wild West go-go bar, a mamasan came and sat with me. I told her that I wished to sit alone - she was not detered. She continued chatting, putting her hands on my legs - I told her that I do not like to be touched and moved down a bit away from her drew an imaginary line on the seat next to me and motioned that I did not want her to cross the line - without much success. She was older, overweight and unattractive - at least to me. She asked me where I was from and I told her "America" - then she told me that other Americans told her that she looked like Marilyn Monroe. I laughed so hard that I choked on my drink. I think I made her lose face - she left me in a huff - but that line was just too funny and unexpected.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Mamasans

I really try to look beyond the roles the Mamasans play and remind myself that they're all just trying to make a living, although, I find most of them to be annoying.

I don't frequent the gogo's as much as I did in the past, but when I do I'm there to check out the boys, not get caught up in a conversation with a Mamasan.

What annoys me the most is when a Mamasan stands in between you and the boys on stage in an attempt to hold your attention. I recall several occasions where I've politely (but sharply) asked a Mamasan to leave me alone.

I've never relied on their advice regarding which boy to off...I have two eyes of my own.

mai pen rai

Liked
    When I was in Pattaya, I met a straight couple in one of the gogo bars. The husband told me that he wanted to find a big dick thai guy to fuck his wife. I talked to his wife and she told me she wanted a guy with a bid dick and the guy had to be attracted to women.

After telling me what she wanted I took them to A-Bomb and I called over the Mama San. I told him that I was friends with the couple with me. They are married and they are looking for a guy with a big cock to fuck his wife but he must be masculine and he also must like sex with women.

I also told him the husband will not participate but may watch, but would like the gogo boy help him find a woman for him to have sex with at the same time his wife is being fucked.

The Mama San held his finger to his chin and scanned the room, walked away and came back with a scrap of paper. On the paper were the boys numbers and their dick size.

I gave the paper to the husband and him and his wife used it to pick out a very nice guy. I don't know how it all ended but I got a free drink in both bars for my efforts

I think a mama san can help if you want help with your selection...

I may employ the use of a mama san if I am sure of what I want and feel the best way to get it is to ask for it.

Now the Mama San's that feel on me and grope me... I hate em! :bonedemon:
    These are the good'ol days

I have never used the service of a mamasan and probably will not as I usually run into an ex-boy friend in the bars I frequent. They know me and my preferences. I always try to "finish" my boyfriends in :violent1: friendship so they never have stuck me with a lemon...yet.

Richard

MS

A very debatable thread I must say, which has obviously sucked me in тАУ well done.

After posting a thread on the old board about mamasans-(MS) being like used car saleman. I now have mixed feelings on this matterтАжтАж.

Yes we have all come across the good, bad & the ugly in bars, all of whom ply their trades in different ways.

I was blantently offered a lad who didnтАЩt do what I was told he would do by the MS. I have had a MS who have taken the liberty to order a drink on my behalf even before my arse had hit the seat, but this was when I was a newby. (This MS liked to wear cowboys hats, hint hint)?!!?

Just think if your were maybe doing this role, wouldnтАЩt you try at least in all honest fashion though, to try to gain a drink or two from a farlangs. Then also be gratified when they continue to converse with you, & the humour is also mutaul. тАУ Its called having a good time & being friendly. Especially if you have just travelled half way across the globe & its your first night in the very daunting soi twilight, where all you need is someone friendly to chat to on your first night, who may offer reliable information.

I would like to praise the chubby guy MS-Joe, working in lucky 777 bar who seems quite attentive, & dare I say it, the ladyboy MS in Dreamboyz. Although IтАЩm still quite dubious of her/him, as he always picks me out & sits right next to me as soon as I walk in the joint. I could be wrong & thatтАЩs a great feeling to have when dealing with MS.
    Some do however just sit there next to you тАУ say hello, incase you require their services, & donтАЩt ask for a baht or drink in return.
    So maybe its like any other job, especially in los, where sometimes you get a good service & sometimes you do not.

BUT I havenтАЩt got the time for the crocked scamming oneтАЩs out there at all!!