Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch out for new chip and pin credit cards

money makes the void go round...

Is there a bank in Thailand which also has branches in the US? I was hoping to have my social security checks automatically deposited and withdrawing from the same bank in Thailand to avoid additional costs. Is this feasible?

The Blessed Nationwide Bank UK

I would second Fatman41's praise for Nationwide Bank UK they are brilliant in many respects.

No ATM charges worldwide
    Terrific exchange rates for Direct Debit and Credit Cards
    Free Travellers cheques
    Excellent Internet Bank with many facilities

Having said that they could improve their customer relations people who send out the nearest 'standard' reply to your question - well not always the nearest. But this is s small blip in an otherwise excellent Mutual Bank.

xuanloc - I don't think that there is a bank that does what you want as foreign banks are limited in Thailand and not many Thai banks have branches abroad. You might get somewhere with Citibank Gold account but they only have 1 branch in Thailand. HSBC did have some countries where transfers are free e'g' UK to India and they may have expanded this service. Their charges for an account in Bangkok are huge. What you need to find is something like Nationwide which has no or low ATM fees and use that. Other wise use something like SWIFT which charge a fixed fee for any amount transferred.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... y.php?e=47

Liked

Banks, Money, and Boy Special.....

I'm trying something different this trip. Last trip I established an account at Siam Commercial Bank. It's a debit card account. I've wired money into that account from here (USA) and will use that money/account for my two-month (!) visit beginning next week. I will set up internet access to that account (I'm assured it's possible - I just have to go into the bank to do it - should have done it when I set up the account). And, what's even better, I'll set up internet access to BS's account at the same bank so I can transfer money into his account each month. I had previously given him a debit card on an account here that I had set up for that very reason. Problem is, he tends to try and over draw it, and in addition, the bank charges me $2 every time he even looks at the account to see if there's any money there. With this new way, if it works out, I won't have to worry about that; he can overdraw his own account.