Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US develops software that could track us

Re: Coup a dirty word?

Code:
    Cedric:   That makes sense. I love a news-paper, I don't think they are "old fashioned" as Boyarse here called them, I think that on the contrary, it is just that the American public has dumbed down. Given the quality of journalism on American TV, is it no wonder? 
    I remember watching the gulf war on CNN and finding it all very exciting, especially the bombing of Tel Aviv by the Iraqi's. OK I was for all intensive purposes just a boy, but how much worse is that, when a child finds war exciting, sensational and compulsive viewing? 

Strange how CNN reporters and journalists still hold up their reporting of the gulf war as being that decisive moment in the history of broadcasting that revolutionised their media, and that they were singularly responsible for that "great" achievement. The gulf war certainly launched CNN. It can only be assumed that it was a bitter disappointment that the present war in Iraq was launched from the sea and Kuwait, how tragic that they couldn't sensationalise this one too, and once again harness the worlds attention with their crass subjective journalism, and for this, the big one where America had to go it almost totally alone.Cedric
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    shallow hypothesis
    Explain yourself Smiles. What you wrote is a complete non sequitur, unless you back it it up with some sort of argument, no matter how small or insignificant. Explain "dearest" or has that booze finally put your head up your arse for good .

Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    I wonder who will get the Nobel Peace Prize - awarded by a committee of five persons elected by the Norwegian Storting?
    Must be the safest bet in history. You can put your last dollar on the fact that it won't be Bush or any of his neo-con warmonger friends !

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkat
    I wonder who will get the Nobel Peace Prize - awarded by a committee of five persons elected by the Norwegian Storting?
    Must be the safest bet in history. You can put your last dollar on the fact that it won't be Bush or any of his neo-con warmonger friends !
    The BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5398780.stm - is reporting that "The US Ambassador at the UN, John Bolton, and long-time Iran investigator Kenneth Timmerman were formally nominated by Sweden's former deputy Prime Minister Per Ahlmark, for what was described in a press release in February as playing a major role in exposing Iran's secret plans to develop nuclear weapons......" Isn't Bolton one of Bush's "neo-con warmonger friends?"

cottman or colonel?

I see the Colonel is up to his old tricks, posting now using the name cottman.

Liked

Re: cottman or colonel?

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    I see the Colonel is up to his old tricks, posting now using the name cottman.
    Sorry, Curious, but you are wrong - or maybe a troll yourself - I notice you have all of 10 posts, including the one to which I am responding. If you care to take the time to read all my posts and all of those by the person whom you call the Colonel, you might notice that I do not live in Thailand, travel with an APEC card, and so on. Despite the similarity in some of our postings, we are in fact two quite different persons.

The BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5398780.stm - is reporting that "The US Ambassador at the UN, John Bolton, and long-time Iran investigator Kenneth Timmerman were formally nominated by Sweden's former deputy Prime Minister Per Ahlmark, for what was described in a press release in February as playing a major role in exposing Iran's secret plans to develop nuclear weapons......" Isn't Bolton one of Bush's "neo-con warmonger friends?"
    A nomination is a very different thing from winning.
    You are being selective in your snippet from the news item. Bolton is only one of ten nominees. You also fail to mention the very adverse write-up on Bolton given in the news report. Bolton's chances of getting the Peace prize are at the best 10 to 1 against and more realistically NIL!

If you care to take the time to read all my posts and all of those by the person whom you call the Colonel, you might notice that I do not live in Thailand, travel with an APEC card, and so on. Despite the similarity in some of our postings, we are in fact two quite different persons.
    We have only your word and his about anything you or anybody else writes about themselves. There is no independent verification. What you or he says about living in Thailand, the APEC card and all that might just be a pack of lies. I checked, and he hasn't posted this past week but you have.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    " ... We have only your word and his about anything you or anybody else writes about themselves. There is no independent verification. What you or he says about living in Thailand, the APEC card and all that might just be a pack of lies. I checked, and he hasn't posted this past week but you have ... "
    The only thing Herr Colon El and Mr Cottman have in common is the "C" as the first letter of their handle. Last time I looked "C" is the first letter of a lot of words ( also Fat-Bald-Old-"C"unts, Big "C" supermakets, and handles ... including "C"urious ).

If that's the extent of your logic then yer barking up the wrong alphabet.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

The only thing Herr Colon El and Mr Cottman have in common is the "C" as the first letter of their handle.

Cheers ...
    Not so true! Colonel, Homintern and Cottmann all have o as the second letter. Startling eh? AND both Cottmann and Homintern each have two ns while Colonel has two ls.

Coincidence aside, I have no idea who is who.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    The only thing Herr Colon El and Mr Cottman have in common is the "C" as the first letter of their handle.

Cheers ...
    Not so true! Colonel, Homintern and Cottmann all have o as the second letter. Startling eh? AND both Cottmann and Homintern each have two ns while Colonel has two ls.

Coincidence aside, I have no idea who is who.
    Well, I am me and he is he, and the two of us will continue to post, secure in the knowledge that we are individuals, and those who periodically detect a similarity in style and/or attitudes and use that to post fatuous comment here will continue to go on my "Ignore" list.