List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate being suckered.... Who got you?

Liked

I hate being suckered.... Who got you?

When you were in Thailand what was one of the tricks used on you to sucker you out of your money?

One was at A-bomb. I Love that gogo bar and will enjoy the bar again when I return in October. Now I can't say for sure if this is a standard practice but here it is...

I was there with a friend and we were going to off a guy for him. We offed the guy and they brung a drink for the gogo boy that we had to pay for. No Problem... we liked him and was more than happy to let him reap the rewards of his cut from the charge we pay for the drink.

The next time I went there with a married couple looking for a guy to off. I helped them find a guy and again they pushed the drink... So I began to wonder if it were possible to off a guy and not have them add a drink charge to the final bill.

I went back alone and offed a known dancer. It was very fast. Immediately after I entered the bar, I spotted the guy I was going to off on stage. He nodded to me, I nodded to him and motioned for him to come off the stage, the host ask me if I like him and I told him that he will come with me. Then things began to happen fast. I refused a drink myself, the gogo boy I offed appeared in his street clothes and then here comes the drink being pushed into his hands, he has only enough time to take a sip and then.... My bill... With the gogo guys drink added to the total.... angry9: They GOT Me!

I paid it... Said nothing and kept smiling.....

These are the good'ol days

I would have refused payment of the drink. They would have probably then said such a drink was required. Ba bye.
    I hate being ripped off too.

you would have to be as swift as a cheetah

or lived in Thailand a hundred years ( liked Edith even though she's only 70) to avoid getting conned..don't worry about it..go with the flow..you can't fight it'..it's a community effort..a giant conspiracy...

Liked
    Hey you two.. I sure would loved to have read about how you were tricked out of some money... I have a few more things that came to mind of how I was parted from my money but I was hoping others would contribute a story of their own and I could then share more.....

So come on... share a little

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rip Attempt

I hired a tuk tuk once in Bangkok and got a real winner as a driver. I told him to take me to Thompson's Silk Shop and handed him written directions, he immediately launched into that routine hustle where he wanted to take me to a different silk shop..."too much money at Thompson's, this other store #1, blah, blah, blah. I told him firmly that I only wanted to go to Thompson's. This guy just wouldn't quit. He must have repeated this crap to me 20 times, and each time I refused his offer.

After about 10 minutes of driving, I realized that we weren't going to Thompson's. We were in fact going to his friends silk shop. I said nothing. When we pulled up to this different shop I told him I wasn't going in. He actually got out of the tuk tuk and grabbed me by the arm trying to coach me into this place. I said, I'm sorry but your services are no longer needed, and I started walking to the corner to flag down another tuk tuk. The idiot then became belligerent and starting yelling at me..."you must pay me money for driving you." I told him he didn't drive me where I wanted to go. He started yelling at me again, and this time my response was even shorter. and frankly. not the way that I usually like talk to people, but I just told him to go get fucked.

He jumped into the tuk tuk and followed me to a busy corner, where, ironically, a boy in brown was sitting perched on his motocy. The idiot started blabbering to the cop who then walked over to me and asked for my story. I calmly and politely responded by telling him exactly what transpired. The cop turned towards the idiot in a somewhat aggressive manner, and with one fast hand wave, motioned for him to get lost, which he did. I thanked the officer and went on my way to Thompson's.

Vanishing drink.

I went to ICK in Bangkok for a party and one of the many personal booze attendants kept downing my drink when it was only half way, and then bringing me another, they get commission. As he was a good looking and kept getting more and more amorous and tipsy I never complained, his efforts at concealing his naughty habit getting more and more ridiculous and humorous, the last he was "secretly" swigging between my legs under a table about the size of a tea tray.
    Those alco-pops are disgusting anyway, I was quite happy with the soda left over from the whiskey.

The ICK disco by the way gets six stars for everything but especialy for fun factor. I was the only westerner and no one minded in the slightest and just everyone was happy happy happy.

I once was a bit tired and forgot to check if the meter was on or negotiate a price from Silom back to Malaysia. It was only around 11pm

When we arrived the driver said 400 baht! I looked and saw the meter was off and thought - ok i will pay but let him know i wasn`t happy.

I shouted at the top of my voice that he was Thai and should take care of his country and the people who visit or nobody would come anymore - he should be ashamed of himself etc etc etc

A few thais came from inside the coffee shop to stare and then they joined in berating him and i went inside for a calming drink. After 5 mins approx the driver came in and handed me back the 400 baht.

I told him to keep 100 and have a good think about what he`s done.

You were lucky. Screaming at a Thai male is not recommended.

deleted

Liked
    IN Pattaya again... I was at the Royal Garden Mall. I was on the bottom floor near the KFC. There is a or was a watch stand at the middle of the floor near the door. I purchased a few watches from the girl there and began my walk back to boyztown. I stopped from time to time to look at more watches. One older lady insisted I buy a watch from her. She had only one watch I liked but I told her I already purchased watches. She asked to see them and I let her see them. Right away she pointed out the defects on one of the watches I purchased.

I went back to the first watch lady and she would not look at me or talk to me once I told her I wanted a refund on the watch. So I began my unhappy walk back to boyztown. The older lady called to me and asked me again to buy a watch. I smiled at her and offered her a deal that if she can get me a refund on my bad watch I will buy the watch I looked at earlier. I guess she agreed.. She spoke to a old guy there. He looked at the watch asked me where I got it. I told him and they spoke in Thai again and he sat down at the watches. She came around and off we went to the mall.

We got inside the mall and I indicated where I purchased the watch and she began to talk to the girl I purchased the watch from. she handed the girl the watch and the girl began to count out cash, gave it to the lady and wai'd us both. I don't know what was said or how she did it but she got the refund and I purchased the watch from her.

Then I went to a watch store in Pattaya. They have a big sign on the store that says 100B watch. I went inside and began to pick-out watches... Well the watches are not 100B..... So I put back the for I picked and had to bargain for 1. But the one I got I love it and still wear it to this day.