Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Yoghurt against HIV?

Liked

Yoghurt against HIV?

Some sources including Bloomberg and Food Consumer - http://www.foodconsumer.org/777/8/Study ... irus.shtml - are reporting that a study has found that "genetically-modified Lactococcus lactis bacterium can produce cyanovirin, an anti-HIV drug that has been used in the past. Lactococcus lactis, a lactic acid producing bacterium, appears in many dairy products including yogurt and cheese. Additionally, L. lactis is found in the human vagina and stomach, where it fights off harmful bacteria." And, "Researchers are excited about the recent study because they believe the bacteria can treat peripheral areas of the body, including the mucosal regions of the vagina, to prevent HIV virus from spreading."

Maybe all that kinky sex involving yoghurt was actually healthy after all!

Uses

Yoghurt? It's my favourite lubricant (after Pol Roger)

Yoghurt

As far as I know, I believe Yoghurt, in conjunction with antibiotics, has been used to cure Thrush for some considerable time. Whilst the antibiotics fight off the infection, the yoghurt helps create friendly bacteria in the area affected to fight off and minimise any further growth or re-infection. In light of this it may be that yoghurt could provide some assistance in the fight against HIV, but it is unlikely to provide the route for a cure.

Of course, I have no medical background and these tiny morsels of information I gather over the years tend to get distorted and blend into one another, so I wouldn't believe a word I say :scratch:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yogurt made in Thailand....

I buy lots of yogurt to eat and the bf like the yogurt drinks so we buy plenty of those too.. I usually shop at the big Friendship and picked up an imported yogurt brand in error and the price was something like 400% more than the domestic.. Fortunately the domesitc tastes just fine and I even like the domestic mozzarella cheese and local sweet basil.. Give it a try with sliced tomato and some good virgin olive oil. I am not a foodie but was glad to hear yogurt actually healthy...

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    But should you eat or spread it like an ointment.......or both?

Up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    But should you eat or spread it like an ointment.......or both?
    Some use it for a facial.
    Maybe you (should) use it for lube?

(Strawberry might be fun--But, blueberry, too messy: Like the boy with the purple butt--Who found his thrill on Blueberry Hill!) :laughing4: