Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
Homintern, if you read the postings carefully, you might find I didn't give any figures ... Either way, the amount of income and/or savings required in Malaysia is considerably higher than in Thailand
All-in-all, a typically confusing cottager posting then. As I say, I don't regard the Malaysian requirements for a retirement visa to be "considerably" higher than those for Thailand, but then I don't really spend a lot of my time worrying about how the poor white trash of Asia get by. My point was that, in terms of value for money, a 10-year, multiple-entry visa from Malaysia is worth a lot more (measured I concede by intangible criteria) than a one-year single-entry visa from Thailand. (NB The Malaysians have extended the original scheme from 5 to 10 years). Like the Philippines there are no silly retrictions about age except that the financial requirements are higher. Someone with assets abroad that they could use as security could doubtless borrow their way to putting forward the deposits which are not, frankly, that onerous