Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Sort of off topic! Best credit card for FF miles

Sort of off topic! Best credit card for FF miles

I'm sorry if this post is a little off topic.
    Does anybody have advice about the best credit card for collecting ff miles? I was debating between Citibank and Capital one "no hassle" miles.
    Anybody had any experience with these two programs or recommend any other credit card reward program?

Thanks for your help and your advice.

Hobie.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Who's hand is in YOUR wallet?

I tried the CapitolOne card but was disgusted to learn after a few months that although they SAY you get a mile per dollar spent, that is not the case. When calling to ask a redemption question I was informed that although they CALL them "miles" in all of their commercials, ads and literature, they're actually "points," and you need a point balance that is MANY times greater than the actual miles you want to fly.

I can't say much about any of the others yet, but watch your ass around CapitolOne.

Thanks

Bao Bao,
    Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the news!

I have had a Citicard for many years now and found it works quite well. I have taken five trips now using my frequent flyer miles. Never had any problems as to dates or flights, at least no more than usual. I have no problem in recommending it to you.

Liked

Foreign fees

Not sure how you plan to use the credit card. If you plan to charge a lot in foreign countries, keep in mind that Citi charges a 3% foreign transactiion fee. Capital one does not charge any foreign transaction fee. Capital one uses miles or points a little differently than Citi. You really need to read all the fine points on each website for full info.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

I've had Citi AAdvantage card for over a year now and very pleased. Look for a good promotion. I got 25000 AA miles just for signing up. I use it to pay for about everything and pay it off each month. I'll have another free trip soon the way I spend money. :cyclopsani:

Mine's an Amex Centurion

I'm not sure what you plebs carry

Liked
    Best thing is usually to use a card specifically affiliated with your frequent flier program. I used to use the Citibank AAdvantage card when I was accumulating miles for American Airlines and that worked out very welll, but now that I am focusing on Thai Air I cannot get a card specifically affliliated with the Royal Orchid Program. (You have to be a Thai resident to get one of those.) So these days this pleb uses the Starwoods (Hotels) Preferred Guest American Express. After you accumulate 20,000 points, you can transfer them to most frequent flier programs on a 1:1 basis plus Starwoods adds an additional 5,000 miles.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Foreign fees

Quote Originally Posted by rincondog
    Not sure how you plan to use the credit card. If you plan to charge a lot in foreign countries, keep in mind that Citi charges a 3% foreign transactiion fee. Capital one does not charge any foreign transaction fee. Capital one uses miles or points a little differently than Citi. You really need to read all the fine points on each website for full info.
    Capital One Cards issued in the UK charge 2.75% on foreign transactions.