Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Liked

Re: Life in Thailand - Test Results

If you look at the boy websites for Tokyo, you will see that prices a very reasonable. Less than London. Speaking personally I have always found plenty of attractive boys, who perform as requested!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    How much is the average short time in Japan?
    Most host bars in Tokyo seem to quote ¥15000 = USD100, although some are 13000. More expensive than Thailand but remember no off fee, in most cases no drinks and absolutely no tip. You can also pay by credit card. Not at all unreasonable in my view. You may be asked for travel money which will be quoted in advance but only if your hotel is really far away from the bar premises. Worth remembering that subway and overland rail tickets within the Tokyo area are very inexpensive - 45-50 baht.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    armando i guess an apology is in order, always been told that Japan was kinda closed tp foreigners when it came to gay bars etc...i feel now i need to visit, even if only for a short trip combined with a trip to Thailand
    None necessary but thanks. What you describe is very much the Japan of 20 years or more ago. I decided to take a few days in Tokyo after changing planes there several times. The first time was a little confusing but thanks to a cute Japanese I met thereafter it was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    Personally i didnt bother going to those venue's since indeed some are "Japanese Only" from what i heard. Even bars/restaurants can be "Japanese Only". (I heard because their English is bad, they dont allow Non-Japanese, dont know if true)
    It's certainly true that many bars will not permit foreigners. I believe that's for 2 reasons. 1) most bars are tiny accommodating little more than 12- 15 and most of them will be regular customers. I was also told the no foreigners rule is because the regulars may speak little or no English or other foreign language. The mamasans want to maintain harmony within the regular group. It seems few Japanese like to go bar hopping as we would in Thailand. They have one bar and stick mostly to it. 2) In many Japanese bars in addition to your requested drink you get a small snack. At first this seems very kind, until you get the bill and find you have to pay for it! Never heard of or come across restaurants being Japanese only.

On the other hand in Shinjuku ni-chome there are bars which happily welcome foreigners and larger bars open to the little streets (where snacks are not served).One of the longest established and friendliest for foreigners and Japanese who like to be with foreigners is the basement bar GB in the ni-chome gay bar district. Another is the oddly named Arty-Farty. Streetside there are several including Airro the cafe/bar. The vdo below has a Japanese and a western guy introducing various bars and other places in ni-chome, including one which now has go-go boys at the week-ends.

https://gb-tokyo.com
    https://www.artyfarty.jp
    https://tokyo.gaycities.com/bars/2112-aiiro-cafe

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (March 27th, 2024)

Liked

One very important thing to remember is not to get involved with the host bars for girls. These tend to be located in the seedier Kabukicho district also in Shinjuku. There sex is of much less importance than 'face', booze and cash - i.e. the boys getting as much cash out of the girls as possible. The video interviews a girl who loves being with the No. 1 host in Japan. She once paid USD110,000 in cash to the bar for a crystal magnum decanter of Louis XIII cognac. It starts with the same guy rolling up in a white sports car which a customer bought for him - about USD370,000!

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (March 26th, 2024), Max6969 (March 27th, 2024)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    It's certainly true that many bars will not permit foreigners. I believe that's for 2 reasons. 1) most bars are tiny accommodating little more than 12- 15 and most of them will be regular customers. I was also told the no foreigners rule is because the regulars may speak little or no English or other foreign language. The mamasans want to maintain harmony within the regular group. It seems few Japanese like to go bar hopping as we would in Thailand. They have one bar and stick mostly to it. 2) In many Japanese bars in addition to your requested drink you get a small snack. At first this seems very kind, until you get the bill and find you have to pay for it! Never heard of or come across restaurants being Japanese only.

On the other hand in Shinjuku ni-chome there are bars which happily welcome foreigners and larger bars open to the little streets (where snacks are not served).One of the longest established and friendliest for foreigners and Japanese who like to be with foreigners is the basement bar GB in the ni-chome gay bar district. Another is the oddly named Arty-Farty. Streetside there are several including Airro the cafe/bar. The vdo below has a Japanese and a western guy introducing various bars and other places in ni-chome, including one which now has go-go boys at the week-ends.
    Thank You, i actually already follow them on Youtube, even passed them on my 1st trip to Tokyo...but was to shocked to actually say hello .
    Well i only heard about "Japanese Only" on occasion. I avoid restaurants in Tokyo because i dont like Tokyo's favorite sport : Standing in line to get inside any building. I preferred Fastfood or a snack from the shops. I do remember them saying some Gay Danceclubs also dont allow Tourists or people of certain looks (Plus-Size or certain Age Groups) and nothing you can do about it, just accept it. I still like Tokyo but i look forward going to Pattaya soon.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    One very important thing to remember is not to get involved with the host bars for girls. These tend to be located in the seedier Kabukicho district also in Shinjuku. There sex is of much less importance than 'face', booze and cash - i.e. the boys getting as much cash out of the girls as possible. The video interviews a girl who loves being with the No. 1 host in Japan. She once paid USD110,000 in cash to the bar for a crystal magnum decanter of Louis XIII cognac. It starts with the same guy rolling up in a white sports car which a customer bought for him - about USD370,000!

This is what i though every Hostbar was...
    So i suppose i can give those in Pattaya a shot afterall.... or are regular bars better ?

Liked

I agree with your comment about Yen15,000, more if you get the boy to come to your hotel. Also if you order more items from the online menu! Also, as you say, Shinjuku, 3-chome has quite a few foreigner friendly bars. I used King of College a lot for boys. And used their rooms, which were always clean! And you don't have to buy the boy a drink, or tip the mama-san!

9. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (March 27th, 2024)

Liked

Most do allow the Boys to refuse to Bottom even if their profile says they are a Bottom, since you are not allowed to "Damage" them.
    I had around 10 boys during my week in Tokyo and only 2 would grab Lotion and a Condom to put on me.
    Personally i dont mind since i prefer Oral over Anal anyway, but for those who want Anal...if you are to big, they can refuse. (just a head's up)
    Is the implication here 1) you are larger than they like? 2)They were generally not keen on bottoming? 3) they mounted you bareback?

I am average/thick sized (large in thailand/PH, but not colombia). and prefer to bareback my twink men.
    Last edited by Jellybean; March 27th, 2024 at 09:02. Reason: Quotes fixed

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=maump;296331]

Is the implication here 1) you are larger than they like? 2)They were gerneally not keen on bottoming? 3) they mounted you bareback?

I am average/thick sized (large in thailand/PH, but not colombia). and prefer to bareback my twink men.
    Just for clarification: Your post above includes a quote from Max - not from me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Just for clarification: Your post above includes a quote from Max - not from me.
    I have fixed the quote, Dodger.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

13. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

I thought it was common knowledge that Japanese keep foreigners at a distance? Reminds me of a story a good firned told me couple months back when he was visiting Osaka. At a computer shop discussing a flyer / specs sheet / something that was on a piece of paper in English. The shop owner would only talk in Japanese while pretending he didn't speak English, all the while pointing at various places on the English document it was obvious he could read the English without problem.

Just wasn't willing to speak English with a foreign white guy. I thought this type of attitude was common knowledge though? ANyway, doesn't surprise me at all many host bars in Japan have a no foreigner policy as that's just how the Japanese culture works, or at least that's what I've always assumed. / heard..

15. User who gave Like to post: