Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    why do so many expats seem so bored, bitter, and depressed?

I really hate saying this because there's certainly a lot of very friendly positive - thinking expats over here - but about half of them act like they they have a piece of barbed-wire stuck up their ass. Always complaining...never a smile...pontificating...everything's wrong...they're constantly being inconvenienced by the world around them...the music's too loud...the price of eggs went up two baht...the boy who showed up at their door had a slight mustache that wasn't visible in his picture on Grindr.,,Oh My God! Why don't they just shut up once in a while and give everybody a break.

So, I guess the question is; Will you automatically have an amazing life filled with joy and happiness when you retire in Thailand? Based on everything I've seen so far you have about a 50/50 chance.
    There are a many many people who are generally unhappy by nature. Glass Half-full people. I know myself to be one of those and struggle against it.

I grew up in with critical parents who expected more from us kids than we delivered. I went into a career that valued critical people who found problems and fixed them, striving for "excellenc...." a condition that could never be reached. the result... me - highly critical, everything can be better.

But I have learned not to voice my opinion and to look to surround myself with happy people to keep me on the high side. I struggle the most when people ask for my opinion... how was your meal? how was the accommodation?

Retired at home - I'm bored, seeking projects to do. on vacation, I bury myself in sexual activities. what do I love about thailand (short list)? the people, the food, the accommodations.... a lot of other things are lacking (the weather). Colombia - the people/men, the weather.... Philippines the people...

where to retire? sigh, I need to keep looking and trying. did 3 months in colombia. want to try 3 months in thailand and 3 months in PH.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (March 24th, 2024), bkkmfj2648 (March 24th, 2024), christianpfc (April 1st, 2024), Dodger (March 24th, 2024)