FAQ & Help

Thread: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

...........but am a little annoyed by the dodgers of this world who portray this alice in wonderland fake all accepting Thai world...when back in the paddy field the peasants sweat under the hot sun for a pittance with very little help from the ruling elite
    I'm sorry if I somehow offended you because that wasn't my intention.

I spent 7 years residing part-time in a village cut of of the jungle with the very same poor farmers that you're referring to. Quite the experience.

At the end of those 7 years I had build a two story home for my friends family, who, before the construction of the home, were living in a small wooden rice storage bin. Later I had 32 industrial-grade ceiling fans installed in the village school. I have my late father to thank for the fans. They were shipped in wooden crates from Chicago...installed by local workers from the village...and I contributed additional funding to have the school completely re-wired with new electric breaker boxes. The celebration that was held at the school following this upgrade included every single member of the village including the monks who performed their blessing.

I only return to this village once a year now around new years for a visit. You can only imagine the welcoming I receive.

I'm saying this to let you know that I'm fully aware of the fact that the needs of the poor people in Thailand are largely ignored by the upper classes. I guess I can just do whatever I want because I don't belong to any class. I'm just a person.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

AdamKY (March 26th, 2024), arsenal (March 26th, 2024), francois (March 26th, 2024), maump (March 27th, 2024)