Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief in Phnom Penh

Liked

Thief in Phnom Penh

I recently fell victim to a thief in Phnom Penh. Circumstances let me assume that he does this regularly. He is on Grindr and currently has a roll of toilet tissue as profile picture. Still active with same profile (blocked me after the theft, but from a friend's Grindr I could see his profile). Seems to operate around riverside. Wore a mask, hotel security camera footage useless to identify him. But when you meet someone with two birds tattoo on chest, that's the one. Nudged me to take a shower (but refused to shower together) and used that time to rummage through my luggage (afterwards I noticed some irregularities). Asked me to brush teeth, but I refused. Fussy/demanding/difficult character, I was relieved when he stated that we don't match in bed and he will leave. Touched a lot of stuff in my room (water bottles, water kettle), all detraction?

I'm looking for someone who is in Phnom Penh and would help me set up a trap. I let boys go who stole just money from me, even met them again when they were my type, but this case I take personal and would invest some time and money to make sure he never steals again.

Face pictures on Grindr were poor quality, a case I have to see in real life, and first impression was: a bit too fat and too pale for my taste, and even with mask I could see not cute by my standards, let's get this done quick! Leaving ID at hotel reception would not have helped in this case, I noticed the theft (mobile phone) only an hour later. Except if reception takes pictures of all visitor ID.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thief in Phnom Penh

...suggest u forget about it...not worth the trouble...he could have 'friends" who could do u harm..u r not in Germany now..

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (February 1st, 2024)

Liked

I agree totally with Latin, there's much to consider. I had a theft myself in Thailand years ago. My boyfriend Jaep's brother had come to visit us in Pattaya and ran off with my camera and a gold crucifix I had bought as a gift. Jaep was fit to be tied, he and his friends searched all over town to no avail. We decided to travel to his village to see if he ran home. When I saw the pathetic condition in which his parents lived, I lost all interest in recovering my property. My takeaway, three days of my vacation wasted, out of pocket expenses another $500US gone, value of stolen items $2000+US, aggravation, irritation, a much needed reality check and most importantly, lost cuddle time with Jaep -verdict: cut your losses Christian.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...suggest u forget about it...not worth the trouble...he could have 'friends" who could do u harm..u r not in Germany now..
    Agreed.

Are you insane Christian? You've been around SE Asia long enough to know full well this could turn into 16 Asians with lead pipes and you on the ground trying to cover your head.

Let it go, learn from your mistakes, up your security game a bit if possible.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I'm looking for someone who is in Phnom Penh and would help me set up a trap.
    I understand your anger, but I agree with the posts on this topic. It's not worth the risk. I also think it is wrong to try to involve someone else who has nothing to do with it.

You have enough experience, probably more than most, to already know everything these posts are saying. Unfortunately, you apparently let down your guard this time and didn't take the necessary precautions to protect your valuables - especially when it's a boy coming to your room for the first time while he is still essentially a total stranger.

Even if you find this boy, then what? What will you do? What could you even do that would leave you safe from some sort of retaliation?

You're not going to be able to stop him from stealing again and confronting him will get you nowhere, but think this incident is well enough burnt into your memory so that you will make it very certain nothing similar will ever happen to you again. My advice would be to leave it at that and move on.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

1. Set up a fake profile.
    2. Contact him.
    3. Find out where he is.
    4. Arrange to meet him at a far away hotel in PP rush hour.
    5. Don't show up.

Liked

Really sorry to hear this, I’ve recently moved here and was happy to find your blog and all the info you give. Such a shame. I’m keeping my eye out for him on Grindr also to ensure he doesn’t come around to my place, haven’t seen any toilet paper profile pics yet. Hope it worked out for you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

.....interesting that his profile pic is a roll of toilet paper.....Mr Chruistian...maybe you assumed too much...maybe he didint want to be used like a piece of toilet paper...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Even if you find this boy, then what? What will you do? What could you even do that would leave you safe from some sort of retaliation?
    I want him in prison for a year, and I would pay any reasonable amount of money to make that happen. But I have no idea how to arrange that, and none of my Khmer or foreign friends in Cambodia have an idea either. Of course I would try to stay out of the picture so he doesn't know which of his victims put him in prison.

I think I have done everything I can do, now can only wait for him to make a mistake (i.e. contact any of the people I have alerted to the issue, or appear on hotel security camera without mask, or steal from someone who is better connected than I).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

christian you need to let it go, dont think any victim will want to be identified as gay prostitution isnt exactly condoned in that part of the world, or anywhere for that matter. He probably only picks on foreigners as they are usually transient.