Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Accomodation

Liked

Accomodation

Hi Guys am retiring from work soon and spent many three week holidays in Pattaya but would like to try Cambodia/Thai on a 3 month trial and see how it goes any travel tips ,accomodation,PP OR Siem Reap much appreciated

Liked

Re: Accomodation

Probably you should provide some hints about your expectations.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

See blog of christianpfc.blogspot, a moderator+ frequent poster on this site-has some recent blogs on those places
    Look into visa situation-can be complicated for longer stays, though in general-but you pay, will also depend on your nationality- the KHmer do not make it very difficult. TH is more renowned for complicated burocrazyness issues for that. Can simply alternate without any trouble: visa free entry to TH for mAX 30 days for 1 and 3 and in between 1 MO KHmer-pay US$ for the visa, in essence simply an entry ticket like for a nat park or ciinema
    PnPn has a fairly lively gay scene and also a gay guesthse (Arthur & Paul -sauna or pool attached, viited by locals eager to meet) and plenty of accomm
    SR does not really have much in dedicated gay places
    As so often: to me it seems the better talent from KHmer has already moved to TH for better renumeration and more meets

4. User who gave Like to post:

riverdee (January 21st, 2024)

Liked

I have just spent a few days in Siem Reap. Had a great time. I am a top who likes twinks, and there were many on Grindr. The ones I booked were all good. Siem Reap is most known , of course, for Angkor Wat, but it's a reasonable place to wander about. Very cheap, nice people, if a little run down. Fuul of hotels, ranging from 5* plus, downwards.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

very cheap...so u do like a bargain...or do u using your london pricing comparison voluntarily pay more...

Liked

love a bargain been going to thailand for past ten years retiring (early)this year so booked a 3 month buisness class flight from November to february and fancy going to somewhere else for a week which will also help my visa thingy.....Its all new to me so my plan is 30 day visa on entry then apply for 30 day extension at jomtien flight to cambodia for a week then back to BKK get a 30 day stamp before going home on Feb4..........many thanks by the way for your help and from Aberdeen by the way and we all love a bargain up here

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have just returned to the UK. I too had a 30 day visa and visited Cambodia and Vietnam for my stamps.

You could however apply for a 60 day visa before you leave the UK. It would save the agony (and it is agony) visiting the Jomitein Immigration dump.

If going to Cambodia I would recommend Siem Reap rather than PP.

The new airport is about 45 minutes in a car out of SR whereas the old airport was only 10 mins in a Tuk Tuk. Shame.

However still recommended. And you can include a few days doing Anchor Wat which is only 15 minutes away in a Tuk Tuk. The driver will accompany you all day and take you to the various sites.

Don’t forget to visit Barcode for their show.

9. User who gave Like to post:

maump (March 21st, 2024)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...ever since seeing "the killing fields" and reading up on their history with pol pot and his madness I have no interst in visiting a country that spewed so many hateful cruel peoiple..

Liked

Hmm, that restricts your travels rather, no USA, most of Europe, Germany, for example, Africa, Russia, China, Japan, etc.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 26th, 2024), maump (March 25th, 2024), puwe (March 31st, 2024)

Liked

And Australia....