Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chengdu and Chongqing

Liked

Chengdu and Chongqing

I spent two weeks in Chengdu and Chongqing. I was searching for gay venues in English on bing and in Chinese on baidu. Few results. I went to MC bar and sauna and a local told me they closed two years ago. I went to Tata bar and there is now a different business, which was not open Friday night around 9. How to find gay venues?

Gay online dating similar. I scrolled down on blued a bit, and when I reached 610 km distance, there is a message "There are no more guys, please check it later." Is there an international version of blued which I am using, and a local one they are using?
    (Taking advantage of 15 days visa free for Germans and various others. Sawatdeenetwork is not blocked in China.)

2. User who gave Like to post:

maump (December 25th, 2023)

Liked

Re: Chengdu and Chongqing

=== Is there an international version of blued which I am using, and a local one they are using?===
    Yes, Blued (Now "HeeSay") has 2 different versions: for Intl and for locals.

But most popular app in China is in Chinese language only. 探探 for example.

Chinese gays joking "Chongqing is the capital of Chinese bottoms".

===Sawatdeenetwork is not blocked in China.===
    Thank you.

I have friend in Chongqing. He is Chinese. But I think is too late to ask him about consultations?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 23rd, 2023), maump (April 4th, 2024)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

China is very difficult...i spent many weekends in Shanghai up until about 8 years ago...most of my sex with with other foreigners...I stayed at the Hilton in the french concession...its now run under a different brand...lots of flight crew stayed there....they had a fantastic gymn sauna area...had sooo much sex...but again it was all foreign crew...the gay bars and clubs seemed to move every few months..sex in regional cities like Suzhou, Wuxi, Nanjing was even more difficult...the Chinese are not as polished as the Taiwaneses, Thais...its all very difficult and akward

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I have friend in Chongqing. He is Chinese. But I think is too late to ask him about consultations?
    I'm back in Thailand, but I will go to China again. Advice on gay online dating and gay saunas welcome. Gay bars not so much my scene, but I would have a look. Of course massage, gogo bars or street trade is of interest, if such thing exist. I can read and write basic Chinese, language is not a problem.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry, cannot help in this respect. But why the heck stay that long in those 2 big cities only? Was it so inviting/exciting to plan to come back already?
    Have been 5x to mainland CHina (and 2x Taiwan-last one late nov.), first 2 in a group, long pre 2000, then by myself, but every time it got more nasty+difficult to get visa etc. Travel around all by yourself, AND on a budget also more a challenge as what one thinks of as be a holiday. Did not chase after gay adventures.
    Hint: go via Laos and by train-the better parts of China (in general view) are those with the lesser nr of Chinese, so then you come in Yunnan/Kunming. You pass sipsongpanna, where they speak a kind of Thai. But perhaps this new visa-free is only valid when enter via some airports-maybe not even coming overland from HongKong.

8. User who gave Like to post:

maump (April 4th, 2024)

Liked

I got a return flight Bangkok-Chengdu, therefor I didn't want to venture far from Chengdu.
    I made side trips to Emeishan, Leshan, Fengdu.
    Anyway, first trip mostly to get acquainted and figure out how things work.
    There are spectacular mountains in China, little known outside, but well developed for local tourism.
    (Danxia Mountain in Shaoguan, Fanjingshan, Zhangjiajie, each of them alone worth a trip to China.)
    I found I can holiday in China about as cheap as elsewhere in SEAsia.
    But they are not prepared for international tourists, reading basic Chinese was very helpful.
    I have vague plans for Kunming-Sipsongphanha-Lao by train.
    I will certainly make use of that 15 days visa free (don't know how it works overland) next year.
    Tourist visa for 142.50 EUR and a lot of documentation as others report, no thank you.

Everyone and their grandmother have been to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia.
    Due to absence of foreign tourists, China still somewhat exotic.
    In two weeks in China, I saw 4 White tourists.
    Going to Lotus Prasart (Surin province) for lunch, I saw 4 Whites.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 29th, 2023), maump (April 4th, 2024), pasiontop (April 3rd, 2024)

Liked

My next trip in three weeks. One week in Chongqing and then stops over land to Hong Kong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    But most popular app in China is in Chinese language only. 探探 for example.
    探探 on Google Play leads to TanTan - Asian Dating App, Tantan Hong Kong Limited, 3.6 stars in 1M reviews, 50M+ Downloads. I will try this.

Yes please, any additional info on gay in Chongqing and elsewhere in mainland China appreciated.

Liked

cristianpfc keep us posted on your trip. I'm interested in visiting China too. I've had very positive experience with Chinese guys overseas, and they always tell me I'd be very popular in China (I was very popular in Hong Kong and Taiwan), but when I downloaded Blued and changed my location to China, there were hardly any guys in the app. Now it makes sense if they have a different version for China.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

you guys are total dimwits..China is NOT gay friendly at ALL, it all has to be done discreetly, even a big metropolis like shanghai struggles, they are far too traditional and its only gotten more tradition and conservative under the current government. I spent 8 years auditing companies in Wuxi, Suzhou, Hangzhou , Shangahi to name a few...sex was always difficult with locals...issues with personal hygiene to weird long pubic air, to being totally in the closet ...strange mentally damaged people... you need to pop over to Singapore or HK to meet "normal": Chinese

14. User who gave Like to post:

Ninodf1 (April 6th, 2024)

Liked

The moneyboy system is different in China. Moneyboys work like traveling salesmen offering their wares in different cities for a few days at a time.

How to spot them on blued (Chinese version)
    Usually multiple profiles.
    A congregation in certain areas as they tend to stay in the same hotels.

They charge more than Thais but less than Europe. The service is excellent. The latest generation of 20 somethings are noticeably bigger than the previous ones. Over 24 and the boy WILl be overweight.

China is ruling the world in terms of touristy stuff. Mountain walkways along sheer cliffs and glass bridges hundreds of meters long. Terrifying roller coaster rides and rope ways. Huge cable cars and massive resorts built on the cliff tops.

You can book train tickets on trip.com. When you get confirmation email them to ask about ticket collection and someone will call you very soon afterwards.

Get wechat and you can communicate with anyone you need to such as a doctor, dentist, moneyboy or policeman.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (April 5th, 2024)