Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Property Agent in Bangkok

Liked

Property Agent in Bangkok

Hey Everyone;
    I am needing to find a reputable (if one exists?) property agent in Bangkok to help me locate a long term rental house or condo according to my specifications. Someone who speaks English and is willing to correspond via email until I find the right property. If you know of someone who can help me out, feel free to point them my way!
    Thanks!
    Jason

Liked

Re: Property Agent in Bangkok

I would have a look at property websites. As I did when I was looking for rooms, to find out that they cover only half of the rooms I find by walking the street I want to stay in and look for signs, and to find half of their listings are outdated.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Property Agent in Bangkok

There is not really one for all of this giant sprawl city.
    1.get some idea in which part of town you would want to settle down. But I assume Minburi or Bang Khae are not 1st choice-even if they are now on the outer end of a metro line.
    2.get some idea in wat bracket. Agencies tend to aim for a certain level of comfort more as area. If it is for less as 1 year-consider serviced aprtmt. Dr google will help you find plenty of sites for that
    3.if for longer-consider very much to stay in such a place for 1-2 monthes and do the search then and from there-makes it really MUCH better to have a look on site. For really a long time-mor as a few monthes, never just book from far away without an intense proper look on site-to also see the disadvantages every place will have. How the traffic is in that area is a main concern.
    4.where you from yourself? F.e. most EUR nations will have someone /some agency staffed also with people from there who are much more used to the specific wishes from there and can advise. Of course they will all take their cut for that. And most countries from there will also have some kind of fb or type forum for mutual questions and advise.
    5.oh yes-if its really to come and live here-accept that a move to a newer/better etc place might be well advised after 4-5 yrs. Most buildings tend to deteriorate quickly and what area of town to best stay in can also change.
    Christian is on the lower bracket and stays in just a room (hong phak hay chao-ray duan-in THai one can see signs for that about everywhere). Most people posting here aim more for the higher standards.