I don't know what they're called in Thailand, but massive dollar stories, flea markets, or similiar. Somewhat like a Thai version of Walmart with a massive open-air building this a roof on it.

Sells everything -- sandals, coat hangers, silverware, dishes, towels, tents, cleaning supplies, pliers, hammers and other tools, shelving units, coat hangers, water bottles, toothpicks, ceramic things for Thai BBQ, ice cube buckets and tongs, and so on. Just all that crap you need, but don't ever think about until you want it.

It's all cheap crap, but the functionality works just fine. A $0.50 plate holds food just as good as a $4 plate from Tesco does. Do any of these exist in Pattaya, and if so, where?

We used to have one just down the street from our one house in Khon Kean, and it was awesome for things like this. The only thing I can remember similar in Pattaya was that one place -- go to the intersection of Second Road and Soi Buakhao, just upon walking down Soi Buakhao to your right would be an empty lot where every Tuesday would fill up with a market starting around 6am.

Not quite what I'm looking for though. Just a typical discount store / flea market / Thai version of Walmart. Do they have that in Pattaya, and if so, where?