Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accident Insurance - Not Medical

Liked

Re: Accident Insurance - Not Medical

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Daydreamer....so far your suggestion is the best. Squaremouth.com has quoted $450 for my trip that includes medical and accidental. The reviews for them are quite favorable.
    Glad it was useful to you. I filed two claims with Seven Corners, one for the medical quarantine, and one for trip interruption. I had added the trip interruption rider to the policy. They paid out on everything I claimed. Just document dates and times, and keep your receipts in case of a claim. Have a good trip !!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

I'm arriving for 60-90 days in March. I am too old (78) to afford medical insurance. Is there such a thing as accident insurance that would cover medical costs in case of an accident? If so, any recommendations where to look?
    If you're 78 y/o and plan to drive during your holiday in Thailand you'd be better off with Life Insurance...LOL...just kidding (kind of).

Seriously, any insurance broker over here can hook you up with economical accident insurance to cover you during your stay. You can also purchase this over-the-counter at most banks.

Enjoy your stay.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

must be an american thing, as soon as the pandemic showed up most insurance companies refused to cover it

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    must be an american thing, as soon as the pandemic showed up most insurance companies refused to cover it
    During the pandemic,once Thailand began to allow inbound travel again, a Thailand Pass was required to be approved before being allowed to board a flight to Thailand. The airlines carefully checked that the requirements were met. The amount of travel insurance changed a couple times, but Thailand required that such insurance specifically mentioned that Covid was covered under the policy.

It was not an American thing, it applied to all nationalities at the time. The info below was a Thai requirement for all foreigners to enter the country during that time:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because foreign travelers are not eligible for free medical care in Thailand, the Thai government included travel insurance with Covid cover as part of their entry requirements.

To have your insurance approved in the system, it had to meet the following requirements:

A minimum cover of $10,000 USD for medical expenses and treatment.
    It must specifically state that it covers Covid-related incidents.
    It must remain valid for the entire length of your stay in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

as far as i know it was not possible in NZ or Australia....we were stuck...the Thai's may insist but we coulodnt get anyone to provide cover