Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: OnLine Tourist Visa Application

Liked

OnLine Tourist Visa Application

After a 10 year absence, I have booked my flight and will be arriving on March 1st for 60 (maybe 90) days. I have completed the online application for a tourist visa except for providing proof of accommodation. I like to book a hotel for 2 or 3 days only and look for a suitable apartment.
    Is there a way around providing actual proof of a place to stay? What about the possibility of the new 90 day visa-on-entry happening? Any suggestions appreciated?
    I hope everyone is keeping their heads above water.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: OnLine Tourist Visa Application

I too want a 60 or 90 day visa and had the same problem.

The application form online is appalling. No way of skipping unwanted questions and evidence required such as which family member are you visiting etc.

I booked a hotel for the first few days as my room is not available immediately. I just sent them a copy of that.

It was much much easier in the old days when you sent a simple form by post to your nearest Thai office.

If mine doesn’t work I will just go to Cambodia for a few days each month.

No hassle. Flights are cheap and spending is less than Thailand anyway.

Sod these beaurocrats!

3. User who gave Like to post:

Fred (October 12th, 2023)

Liked

Re: OnLine Tourist Visa Application

Proof of accommodation is the least problem. Book something on Agoda and use their free cancellation. Does not have to cover your whole stay, the first days is fine.

The visa is valid for 3 months, now it's too early to apply anyway. With a bit of luck, visa-free entry is extended. Vietnam now has 45 days visa-free stay for German nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    It was much much easier in the old days when you sent a simple form by post to your nearest Thai office.
    Not in my case (Germany, Berlin). I had to go there in person because applications submitted by post had an unreasonable long processing time (4 weeks?). Getting the passport with visa back by post no problem.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Fred (October 12th, 2023)