Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happenings in Chiang Mai

Liked

Re: Happenings in Chiang Mai

There are new bus lines, and I saw a map and timetable posted on a bus stop. But during my few days I didn't use the bus.

Liked

Sex show and gogo bar chiang mai

Hi everybody

Could you tell me what are best gay gogo bar with nice naked male show ?

Best regards
    Fred

Liked

Re: Sex show and gogo bar chiang mai

Quote Originally Posted by fredfred View Post
    Hi everybody

Could you tell me what are best gay gogo bar with nice naked male show ?

Best regards
    Fred
    I'm not sure if such show exists in Chiang Mai at all.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We've just spent a few days there; it's a city we love. However, we didn't see any sign of a visible presence of gays or of gay establishments. Not that we were looking for any, admittedly.
    At the same time, the sight of the two of us walking around the city hand-in-hand didn't seem to surprise anyone either.
    I assume that Adam's Apple is still running? if so, it would probably be the most likely place to find a show .

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 25th, 2023)

Liked

Just wondering if anyone has been to see Muay Thai in Chiang Mai...? I'm gonna be in town next week and thinking of going to watch some cute guys belt the crap out of each other.. LOL

It looks like there are four places, but hard to tell which one is better ..

Anyone been...?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Saw some MT yesterday eve whilst passing y a couple of Thai yelling at their TV-here in BKK though.
    MT is not famed for ´pretty guys´-those doing it longer all seem to have deformed faces or other parts-probably thats why this ´game´ is for. BTW-major use of this game seems to be the enormous betting for money going on.
    For me quite some time now since I last was in the ´cool rose of the north´, but here in BKK with also some 4-5 big MT venues, these operate on a rotating base, with on quiet days just 1 working, busy days maybe 2. Assume it will be same-same over there.
    BUT any touristy town will have also several such venues more as shows plainly aiming the tourists, so in CM likely that night bazaar. These may have starters or apprentices who may still look hensum/looplaw.
    Was in a night-bazaar, named Indy, in Daokanong, myself yesterday eve, in a complete non-touristy part of town-did not know they are also building a new metroline there so traffic to get there was horrendous bad, around half that place was offering food but then mostly non-Thai sourced, but made more appetite for Thai taste=quite the other way tourist places present their Thai food toned down for farang taste! Pfooh: all really hensum guys there, also in the bus to there, were already coupled to ladies-though for latin that might perhaps have been the bigger challenge.

Liked

Thanks Pong.

Liked

There are, indeed, four boxing stadiums in central Chiang Mai. Of these the main and "official" Muay Thai stadium is Thapae Stadium, which is where all the best fights in Chiang Mai happen. If you are going to only one of them, go to Thapae Stadium. There are fights every night apart from Sundays - or at lest there were before the pandemic. As you might guess, it is located near the Thapae Gate.

The other three venues are in the Night Market area. These are Loi Kroh Stadium, the one in the night market building opposite the Hard Rock / Red Lion pub (you will need to go up to the first floor); and the one in the Kalare Night Bazaar building. Of these Night Market options, the Loi Kroh stadium is the best. All these stadia are within walking distance of each other. Central Chiang Mai is small.

No idea where you are staying, but if you come from the direction of the Night Market / Le Meridien hotel, the entrance to Loi Kroh stadium will be on your left. Calling it a stadium is a bit of an exaggeration though. It is a raised boxing ring within a bar area, surrounded by bars. It isn't visible from the main street but you can't miss it as there will always be a ticket desk and touts out on the main street at the entrance to the passageway leading to the "stadium". The fights in Loi Kroh and the other two Night Market venues attract a lot of juniour Thai fighters and foreigners who are studying Muay Thai in the many Muay Thai schools in Chiang Mai. Don't expect to see the kind of fights that you will see at Thapae Stadium though. Tickets at the Night Market are a standard 600 baht with free entry for kids accompanied by adults.
    Prices at Thapae Stadium very by ticket type, from 600 baht - 1,500 baht.

My guess is that having been for one fight you will want to go back for more. Thapae Stadium is the best choice, followed by Loi Kroh.

Incidentally, for the causal Muay Thai fan or foreigner just curious to watch the fights, Chiang Mai is probably the best place to watch one. The Bangkok stadiums attract the very best fighters, but prices are higher and the size of the stadia mean that you will be further away from the action. In Chiang Mai, you will be closer to the action and will often have the opportunity to approach the fighters after the match and to have your picture taken with them etc. Tips are always appreciated, of course.

Have fun in Chiang Mai.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.