Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airline prices

Liked

Re: Airline prices

Moscow-Bangkok China Eastern $1000 for one way via Beijing, $1750 round trip, business class. Hainan Airlines also via Beijing 900/1650.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Keith's EVA Business price is amazingly good. I always book on the website and have never got that low....perhaps it's not on an EVA plane? The website allows booking on other associated carriers now.
    As a comparison, My March fare is around £4000.

Liked

it's direct, EVA. they had a cheaper fare via Vienna, but I wanted to fly direct. I think it's just chance, see my comment on Chicago fare.

Liked

I used to use Finnair, but their prices have gone up, and no longer refundable.

Liked

Living 'up North', we have no direct flights to BKK. I travel Premium Economy and prior to Covid I was paying Cathay around £1300 for MAN-HKG-CNX-HKG-MAN. This year, for the same dates, they want £5200. Last year, for £1450, I flew MAN-CDG-BKK-CDG-MAN with Air France. Now AF are asking £3880 for the same dates. Consequently, in 2023, I'm flying EVA, MAN-LHR-BKK-CNX and BKK-AMS-MAN for £1955. (Open Jaw - I guess that the return via AMS was convenient for them and I wanted to spend a few days in Bangkok on the way back.)
    When I flew in 2021, AF wanted £990 and the 777 with 381 seats had only 40 passengers, but I was told that this was more than on the previous flight. Of course, ASQ added to the cost.

Liked

I plan and buy airline tickets 3 months out...great prices if you can plan and buy early...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I plan and buy airline tickets 3 months out...great prices if you can plan and buy early...
    Agreed usually yes, but…

I was supposed to fly LHR to BKK late June (having booked it months before) but had to cancel it. I had booked Business with Evaair for £3400 and they returned it (less 300 Euros) within a week.

By the middle of July I was ready to go again and was petrified having looked up fares. To cut a long story short Eva wanted of £4000 but I got a flight with Emirates for £3400 including their chauffeur driven pick up.

I did spend hours and hours analysing the Emirates fares and if you left it less than 10 days they wanted £4000+ (Without the car journey) but anything over 10 days it was the £3400, including the ride to Gatwick and back.

I then looked up December and it was back to normal …£4000+ And no car.

Seems they see you coming a long time off and a very short time off. However, if they haven’t sold seats with a few weeks left to run, they make a good offer.

Liked

I'm not being sarcastic but I'm sure not many guys are interested in going to either Moscow or Beijing at the present time.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (August 5th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Keith's EVA Business price is amazingly good. I always book on the website and have never got that low....perhaps it's not on an EVA plane? The website allows booking on other associated carriers now.
    As a comparison, My March fare is around £4000.
    New Year's Eve is usually a great time to fly because so few want to fly on that date. I once flew long distance between Asia and Australia on the Eve of Chinese New Year. There were about 23 passengers on the plane!