Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Cuisine au Beurre closed for good

Liked

La Cuisine au Beurre closed for good

On a recent trip to Pattaya, I noticed La Cuisine au Beurre closed, with a note they closed for good. Does anyone know the reason or have contact for their staff? They had my favorite salmon filet (boiled, not fried!) and I'm looking for their recipe, or want to know where their chef goes for work, so I can get it there.

Liked

Re: La Cuisine au Beurre closed for good

I don't know how to contact the staff, but I do know why they closed. Very simple - just like so many other Pattaya venues they no longer were getting enough customers to remain in business.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 15th, 2023)

Liked: 1

The soi has become very dark and dead at night. Any venue that is open at night has very few patrons if any.
    Even Tops in Tukcom shows a decline in patronage and has reduced it's bakery and prepared foods considerably.
    My last stay at Mosaik felt somewhat flat given the lack of street life.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusleaf View Post
    The soi has become very dark and dead at night.
    It's a pity. I spent many an evening eating dinner at "Beurre" whose cuisine was a bit heavy, more-Germanic-than-French, but whose prices were always fair. It's companion/competitor in Day-Night, Petite Planète, is also gone? Given the "disappearance" of BT, SP and now DN, it would appear that JC is now the only game in town.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (June 17th, 2023)

Liked

Petite Planet is still open and has customers. Seems that people preferred Petite Planet over "Beurre".
    Still activity in Boyztown at BoyzBoyzBoyz with their shows and ToyBoys with many go-go dancers atin their skimpy outfits. Other venues still open are DreamBoys, X Boys and A Bomb.
    Nice Boys in Sunee has a number of dancers on stage although limited customers. Winner Bar usually has 5 to 10 go-go also with limited customers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Petite Planet is still open and has customers. Seems that people preferred Petite Planet over "Beurre".
    Still activity in Boyztown at BoyzBoyzBoyz with their shows and ToyBoys with many go-go dancers atin their skimpy outfits. Other venues still open are DreamBoys, X Boys and A Bomb.
    Nice Boys in Sunee has a number of dancers on stage although limited customers. Winner Bar usually has 5 to 10 go-go also with limited customers.
    I went once to Petite Planet. I didn't think it was very French but it was ok and I wish them well in these hard times. Nice Boys and Winner Bar soldier on and deserve our custom. Toy Boys still great for twinks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My experience of Le Petite Planet was more than positive. The standard of cooking was close to that of Le Bordeaux and half its price. It reminded me of the Parisienne brasseries on the Left Bank I used to visit forty years ago.

Liked

LPP
    DD
    CaB

It's all about the set price 3 course dinner. Everything else is secondary. Doesnt gotta be Michelin starred...just nice, delicious and reasonably priced.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    LPP
    DD
    CaB
    Translate please

12. User who gave Like to post:

francois (June 23rd, 2023)

Liked

La Petite Planete

Deli Diner

La Cuisine au Beurre

which are, or were, three resaurants down the side of TukCom. I believe that the Deli Diner has closed, along with La Cuisine au Beurre.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 23rd, 2023), francois (June 23rd, 2023)