Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hiring a Travel Companion

Liked

Re: Hiring a Travel Companion

Very good news about Mac. I first used him maybe 5 years ago, and he was excellent. As you say he really knows his stuff. More recently I think he had some issues, and failed to turn up for one day that I had booked. In January, I got him to come to my hotel for breakfast, and, as you say, he had to be persuaded to eat. I also gave him a modest amount of cash, just to help out. There were still issues with him guiding me, and I hope these will be resolved in July when I am due back. He said all would be well, and your report is excellent news. He really wants a full time job, and with his good English, he would be invaluable in a good hotel, but he said that as he doesn't have a degree a hotel won't employ him.

Liked

===but he said that as he doesn't have a degree a hotel won't employ him===

Mac has UNI degree in English and hospitality, but in guiding, not in hotels. He is one of tens or hundreds guides in Thailand who has license for whole Thailand instead of license for one-two provinces or "Bangkok only".
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Very good news about Mac. I first used him maybe 5 years ago, and he was excellent. As you say he really knows his stuff. More recently I think he had some issues, and failed to turn up for one day that I had booked. In January, I got him to come to my hotel for breakfast, and, as you say, he had to be persuaded to eat. I also gave him a modest amount of cash, just to help out. There were still issues with him guiding me, and I hope these will be resolved in July when I am due back. He said all would be well, and your report is excellent news. He really wants a full time job, and with his good English, he would be invaluable in a good hotel, but he said that as he doesn't have a degree a hotel won't employ him.
    I had the same experience with Mac in february this year. I did contact him for a one day tour. After some chats he didn't answer anymore. Siamroads payed back the money. Some years ago my tour with Mac was excellent. I am not sure I will contact him again. Because he is not 100% reliable in his appointments.

Liked

Siam Roads,,why is he still employed by them or with or recommended by them?? forget him...get a new one

Liked

New review on Siamroads service: https://www.facebook.com/siamroads/

Hello, we booked Will for a Day/Night tour of Saigon. Will was very welcoming to us, arrived right on time and we had the most wonderful day with him. His knowledge is amazing being a local Saigonese, and we were taken to a stunning roof top garden restaurant, then a tour of the Reunification Museum.

Will is a very relaxed and friendly guy, we so enjoyed our time with him and he can be highly recommended as the perfect guide in Saigon.

Thanks Will.

John & Nick
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

That's crazy isn't it! He would be a good addition to any hotel! A good deal better than a lot of the current staff!

Liked

My message was a reply to Moses message, 21 20.47!