Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thais HATE Pattaya...?!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thais HATE Pattaya...?!

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

Thais regard Pattaya as the lowest of the low. They regard any visitors there as perverts and anyone working there as prostitutes.
    Can't argue with them there.

I wonder if Thai people considered the U.S. soldiers who were on R&R in Pattaya back in the 60's as perverts - and all their daughters (and sons) who flocked to the shores of Pattaya to have sex with them simply as "low-life prostitutes".

Actually I already know the answer: The Thai mothers considered the soldiers as fair game - and used their sexually enticing silk-skinned children merely as a means of putting some food on the table (or floor) while their alcoholic husbands were busy fucking local prostitutes for 50 baht.

2. User who gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (February 17th, 2023)

Liked

I remember it was always uneasy being in the villages with Kim, especially his father's village, but mother's village as well.

People would ask Kim how we met, and he'd nonchalantly say Pattaya. This would almost always result in a shit eating grin and a look in the eyes of "ohh, I get it". heh, good times.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (February 17th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 18th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I suspect many villagers depend on funds from Pattaya to pay for the kids' school uniforms, the electric bill and much else. And why the assumption that all Pattaya workers are involved directly in the commercial sex trade? What about the labourers building new hotels and apartments? or shop-keepers? hotel staff or bank -workers, teachers, lawyers?

Pattaya was undeniably "made" by the trade but because many gay men confine themselves to a tiny part of the city (as do their straight counterparts), they shouldn't assume that commercial sex is what draws every worker from Isaan. Or Cambodia and Laos.

And I suspect that those families that turn their noses up at the word Pattaya, also thank the Lord Buddha for its existence. Not to mention the money that ex-Pattaya workers , returning home and spending money (falang money?) on the new houses that are being built in the countryside.

P's closest friend lived in Pattaya for a decade. One day we invited him to see the Throb show. It was the first time he'd been to Boyztown. He barely know where it was....and he's gay.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Daveuk (February 18th, 2023), Dodger (February 19th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 18th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

grinding poverty in God forsaken villages in the middle of nothing makes selling your butt seem like a very attractive proposition...in Thailand thr majormdifference is that its a loy easier and much more public

Liked

When the shoe fits

SHITHOLE - noun See definition in Dictionary

-a dirty unpleasant place

Synonyms:

Dirty and untidy places or things
    shambles
    filthy
    hovel
    dump
    hole
    tip
    scumbucket
    slum
    vile lodging
    bomb site
    pigsty
    pit
    Gomorrah

Liked

I would say that sex tourists are a minority of visitors to Pattaya especially now that Chinese tour groups have started to arrive. Western couples and backpackers are seen in significant numbers. Str farang men sex tourists and expats are now to a much greater extent concentrated in the Soi Buakhow area where they are not too visible to Thai families. Gay men, (a tiny proportion) looking for sex have our own ghettos in BT and the Jomtien Complex where they too are rather invisible to str’s (although occasionally I feel like a tourist attraction when occasionally a str couple walks through the Complex viewing us with our young Asian boyfriends).
    Pattaya undoubtedly makes a big contribution to the Thai economy, but being a proud people they do not like their country being regarded as the worlds brothel.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (February 20th, 2023), Oliver2 (February 19th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 20th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...have u been to pattaya...walking street??? Id say that Pattaya exists for one thing only....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Daveuk is correct. The next time you're queuing-up for check-in, look around; at Heathrow you'll see very few single men, certainly many fewer than two decades ago and even then we were a minority. To confirm that this impression is applicable not only to London, look at the tourists waiting at BKK immigration; same story.

Walking Street may have been the hub, the beating heart of Pattaya twenty years ago; now its Terminus 21 and its environs. That's where the money is. And much of this, I suggest, is still reaching the rural areas. Which is why the workers in shops, restaurants and so on tend to be so young.

Liked

I don't remember a negative response when I mentioned Pattaya to Thai or foreigners.

But come to think of it, I rarely mention Pattaya, because there many other, more interesting, places to talk about.

That doesn't mean that I don't go to Pattaya, even regularly, for very specific purposes. But I wouldn't talk about that the first time I meet someone, unless they ask.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oliver...twerminus21...care to elaborate?? any gay places??