Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfers between DMK and pattaya

Liked: 1

Transfers between DMK and pattaya

Anyone has the latest info on this?

Confusing info online. Not sure if the new bus service started Aug 2022 is still running and the time table etc. Does bus 389 works?

Would like to go direct from DMK to pattaya and vice versa.

Keeping taxi as my last option.

Thanks in advance.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Transfers between DMK and pattaya

Sorry, DK if direct runs-and if yes, I guess most limited to very few trips. But in general nearly all buses were severely reduced during covid and have since then partly rebounded-one should expect expansion and not cancellation
    ANYOne arr in DMK can also use the FREE shuttlebus direct to swampy.
    This bus 389 direct to Jomtien now runs hourly again from Swampy, so that is an easy transfer. (was much less in covid times).
    As usual-but at least from the MOchit also much less as pre-cvd, the normal BoKoSo (by RoongRuang) tourbuses also still run. Route nr 48. From SaiTHai terminal also-as minivan )(But coming off DMK that is not useful)
    About anyone here seems so impatient and have the money too much to order a taxi-with endless discussions about who is the best for that. It will also depend on where your PTy- htl is located.

Liked

Take a taxi and make life easy for yourself.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (February 7th, 2023), Oliver2 (February 7th, 2023)

Was half expecting that the recommendation would be to take taxi anyway.

Thanks pong for the info though. I had a good experience with the bus from BKK to pattaya so was hoping that a similar bus would be available from DMK. But alas...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Francois is right; that journey is a d**n nuisance, particularly if you have to travel in the rush-hour. The taxi is the simplest, most reliable and quickest solution even if it is more expensive.

7. User who gave Like to post:

francois (February 8th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsg76 View Post
    Was half expecting that the recommendation would be to take taxi anyway.

Thanks pong for the info though. I had a good experience with the bus from BKK to pattaya so was hoping that a similar bus would be available from DMK. But alas...
    your option is to take free shuttle bus from DMK to BKK https://airportpattayabus.com/free-transfer-bus/
    and then use https://airportpattayabus.com/from-s...bhumi-airport/ bus from BKK to Jomtien (if you have stay in South Pattaya), 143 THB, or use Bell if you stay at North https://belltravelservice.com/shared-transfer/ Bell costs 300 THB because they have drop off service to your hotel in Pattaya
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 7th, 2023)

Thanks all for the info.

Aware of the option to go through BKK airport. Cheaper but takes at least an additional hour likely 2.

If no direct bus from DMK then it's probably better to take taxi.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    your option is to take free shuttle bus from DMK to BKK https://airportpattayabus.com/free-transfer-bus/
    and then use https://airportpattayabus.com/from-s...bhumi-airport/ bus from BKK to Jomtien (if you have stay in South Pattaya), 143 THB, or use Bell if you stay at North https://belltravelservice.com/shared-transfer/ Bell costs 300 THB because they have drop off service to your hotel in Pattaya
    I did this last week. arrived at DMK. went to the info booth to ask about the free shuttle to BKK. Information said you must have a connecting ticket to use the shuttle. so they told me take MRT bus 510 to BKK. I just missed it, while waiting saw 504 come with suvarnabhumi airport markings. got on 20(?) baht ~ 30 min,
    Had to wait 3 hrs at BKK for a bus to Pattaya, very busy, buses all full. Pre-purchased my return to BKK ticket online.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (February 10th, 2023), Moses (February 9th, 2023)

3 hours wait at BKK? Wow...

Thanks for the update!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    I did this last week. arrived at DMK. went to the info booth to ask about the free shuttle to BKK. Information said you must have a connecting ticket to use the shuttle. so they told me take MRT bus 510 to BKK. I just missed it, while waiting saw 504 come with suvarnabhumi airport markings. got on 20(?) baht ~ 30 min,
    Had to wait 3 hrs at BKK for a bus to Pattaya, very busy, buses all full. Pre-purchased my return to BKK ticket online.
    I suppose it depends on how, or how much, you value your time, convenience and comfort - compared to this type of experience I will readily take being met at the airport by a polite driver who will take care of my luggage and whisk me straight to the door of my accommodation in Pattaya/Jomtien in air-conditioned comfort with no delays or stress for what. an extra 1,000-1,200 Baht?

I would need to spend at least that much on a full-service massage after I arrive just to get me back into the holiday mood!

I live in Bangkok so I am not usually using the airport, but when I am heading to Jomtien for a break I still prefer a door-to-door car service!

obviously, this is just the personal opinion of a tired old man who likes a bit of pampering on holidays, other people's mileage may vary, and it is always helpful to know the alternatives.
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

maump (February 14th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 10th, 2023), splinter1949 (February 10th, 2023)