Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Transfers between DMK and pattaya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Transfers between DMK and pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    I did this last week. arrived at DMK. went to the info booth to ask about the free shuttle to BKK. Information said you must have a connecting ticket to use the shuttle. so they told me take MRT bus 510 to BKK. I just missed it, while waiting saw 504 come with suvarnabhumi airport markings. got on 20(?) baht ~ 30 min,
    Had to wait 3 hrs at BKK for a bus to Pattaya, very busy, buses all full. Pre-purchased my return to BKK ticket online.
    I suppose it depends on how, or how much, you value your time, convenience and comfort - compared to this type of experience I will readily take being met at the airport by a polite driver who will take care of my luggage and whisk me straight to the door of my accommodation in Pattaya/Jomtien in air-conditioned comfort with no delays or stress for what. an extra 1,000-1,200 Baht?

I would need to spend at least that much on a full-service massage after I arrive just to get me back into the holiday mood!

I live in Bangkok so I am not usually using the airport, but when I am heading to Jomtien for a break I still prefer a door-to-door car service!

obviously, this is just the personal opinion of a tired old man who likes a bit of pampering on holidays, other people's mileage may vary, and it is always helpful to know the alternatives.
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

maump (February 14th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 10th, 2023), splinter1949 (February 10th, 2023)