FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Meeting places in Pattaya?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Meeting places in Pattaya?

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648 View Post

Don't give up so easily.

According to the official Jomtien Supertown Complex website there are 10 hotels in the complex.
    Unfortunately Agate is the only place with guest parking. This is one reason why Jai and I always stay at Agate - apart from the fact that the rooms are very comfy and quiet...friendly staff...swimming, and within easy stumbling distance to the bars.

Thanks for trying to help but I'll just have to wait until rooms are available. I'll be sure to post when I get a reservation.

How long are you going to be in town?

Liked

Hi Dodger,

I live here as a retiree since September 2022.
    The owner of Gaybutton suggested that I meet you back in September 2022 and we chatted back and forth about meeting but it never happened.
    So, I was hoping to use this new occasion as an opportunity to finally meet you.

Instead of accommodating my schedule - I would suggest to accommodate the other guys who expressed interest to meet as they may be here on vacation and have less ability to modify meeting dates. If I am free when you get a reservation at The Agate - I will be willing to join all of you.

I wish I had 2 bedrooms in my 1 bedroom condo in View Talay 5 - as it has a HUGE abundance of free parking and we have a pool and from my balcony you can see the Jomtien Supertown Complex ==> as I would then host you and Jai (for free) and all of your above mentioned requirements could be met. But unfortunately, I only have 1 bedroom. It takes me about 7 to 8 minutes to walk to the Divarium - so it would still be reasonable for you and Jai.

Liked

Can't we all just agree on waiting until Cdnmatt returns to Pattaya for the next meet-up (which will be the third if I count correctly)? A meeting without him would be pointless.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 4th, 2024)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    This is now turning into the Sawatdee equivalent of Gallipoli.
    The difference is that people actually turned up at Gallipoli.

Liked

or we could move this meeting to Bang Saray - it's not Gallipoli - but at least Bang Saray is:

only a 300 baht Bolt taxi ride away - one way - if we all shared a Bolt taxi together then the cost would be negligible,
    a place that I have never seen and I heard that it is nice and worth seeing,
    a way to ensure Dodger's participation as we could meet underneath Dodger's condo - to enhance the probability of realizing this meeting,
    we would not need to get a hotel - because when we finish the meeting we can take another Bolt taxi back to the Jomtien Supertown Complex to continue our evening together or call it a night and go home to sleep.

A first Sawatdee group trip - and then afterwards we could write a joint trip report for the readership who could not attend our journey to Bang Saray

Forum's veteran
    Liked

........or we could move this meeting to Bang Saray:
    I love Bang Saray...it's home...but there are no Boy Bars here - so Jomtien Complex is a much better choice for a gaggle of boy-loving farang to sit around socializing.

Jai and I will be zooming around the bay sometime in the next few weeks when Agate becomes available and I'll certainly let you know when the date is confirmed.

P.S. Your choice of VT # 5 for your residence was an excellent one...and perfect location.

Liked

My turn to apologise, as I have now had to cancel my trip.

Liked

It was a bad idea from the beginning, and I apologize for bringing this topic back to life. I promise not to do that anymore. In case someone wants to accuse me personally, I'll be at the Divarium at 20:00 for a drink. I'll be wearing a "chili" t-shirt.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It was a bad idea from the beginning, and I apologize for bringing this topic back to life. I promise not to do that anymore. In case someone wants to accuse me personally, I'll be at the Divarium at 20:00 for a drink. I'll be wearing a "chili" t-shirt.
    It wasn't a bad idea at all and there's no need to apologize to anyone.

Making plans like this are always difficult because of everyone's fluid schedules...personal preferences,...likes and dislikes, etc., and I'm sure we can pull something off in the future.

The next time I toss my name in the hat I'll be sure I can make it on the date scheduled ahead of time, versus having to make last-minute changes. If anyone needs to apologize it would be me.

Cheers

Liked

or we could move this meeting to Bang Saray - it's not Gallipoli - but at least Bang Saray is only a 300 baht Bolt taxi ride away - one way - if we all shared a Bolt taxi together then the cost would be negligible,
    That's a great idea. I'm sure many here are interested in a joint trip to Bang Saray and to explore this unknown exotic place together.