Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotels in Pattaya - Le Cafe Royale - Don Plaza - Mosaic - Marine Plaza Sunee Plaza

Liked

Hotels in Pattaya - Le Cafe Royale - Don Plaza - Mosaic - Marine Plaza Sunee Plaza

I was looking at old pictures of my travels to Thailand. Over the years I have stayed at Le Cafe Royale, Don Plaza, the Mosaic, Marine Plaza Sunee Plaza, etc. I looked online and it appears Don Plaza in Sunee is closed (after going through name changes), the Mosaic does not appear to be accepting reservations, Le Cafe Royale does not appear to be accepting reservations, Marine Plaza in Sunee does not appear to be accepting reservations.

I am not interested in staying at those hotels but I am wondering if they are even open. Le Cafe Royale and Mosaic have websites still up.

I am guessing the Sunee plaza hotels are closed. Just curios if anyone knows.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Hotels in Pattaya - Le Cafe Royale - Don Plaza - Mosaic - Marine Plaza Sunee Plaza

DK exact answer, but do know-as I currently am trying out every week a (for me, and here in BKK, and not at all in/near Silom) guesthse/HTL-that many such inns direct you to the well known sites as booking or agoda (is now owned by bkg, but was started as a genuine ASEAN site long ago and is thus far better known among Asians)
    I am aware that those from US often tend to first reach for other such sites, often these are simply copycats. One can even see when walking in this quite touristy area boards etc that direct people to ¨ our best rates are on these´. Perhaps this helps a little bit-but I am 123% sure that so many Pattayans are also reading this soon and will have a better answer
    Also about any place will not put its whole inventory of rooms in 1 site, and also hold out a few for walk-ins or those who stay longer etc.

Liked

Re: Hotels in Pattaya - Le Cafe Royale - Don Plaza - Mosaic - Marine Plaza Sunee Plaza

Mosaic is open but was booked out last two times I wanted to stay there, so I went to Boutique Bravo Hotel which I can recommend as well (the sign "Joiner Fee 500" at reception was not enforced, I had a boy come up to my room, a friend walked in with a boy). Marine Plaza is open. Don Plaza closed.

I saw a person who looked like a tourist walk into Lek Hotel in Sunee Plaza (i.e. he had a key to open door downstairs), but that place is very basic and after having a look there many years ago I decided it's not for me.

Boyztown and Jomtien hotels are of no interest to me, I don't know which are open or closed.

Liked

In Boyztown there are Ambience Hotel and Copa (across soi from Ambience). Copa rooms are superior to those in Ambiance.
    I had not thought of Boutique Bravo, but it does look nice.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you stay In Boyztown- both Copa are Ambiance are excellent- beware of the noise from Le Cafe Royal. It drove us out of BT for good after nearly twenty years. No problem of course if you don't go to bed before 0400 or so.
    The penthouse rooms in Ambiance are well worth the extra money.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

stayed once in the ambiance...hotel itself was nice...even fucked the cleaner...but the surroundings in the bright light of day are tragic...like a tarted up slum....MB sex was non-stop...afterall it is in the centre of whoresville....but yes the noise from bars/clubs drove me nuts...never again

Liked

At one time Ambiance had no equal for comfort and non-stop fun, perhaps anywhere in the world. It seems right after Madame Jim sold out to the Swiss (?), things started to go down hill and have now hit rock bottom (after having been sold to the Chinese (?).

Much later of course Jim built Baan Souy which was meant to recapture the "comfortable elegance" of Ambiance but, because of its rather hidden away location, was never quite the hit that Ambiance was for so many years. His partner once told me that nothing in their complex was a money maker, not the hotel, not the Boys Boys Bar, not the off-fees, not the restaurant -- all those were loss-leaders for the drinks income which (apparently) paid handsomely. (And this was when drinks cost a fraction of today's prices.)

So it appears that the BBB complex emulated the now-well-known Las Vegas model -- get them in at any price and take their gambling losses.