Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyztown vs Jomtien vs Sunee in 2023

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Boyztown vs Jomtien vs Sunee in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

i was not aware of this...must have been ages ago...like 20 years ago....or very well hidden...
    The bar that I think London68 is referring to is probably the one that was opened by the notorious and infamous "Monty". And yes, this was back around 15-16 years ago (rough guess).

Monty, using all the abstract and daring creativity he was famous for, opened the bar (across from where Home Bar sits now) as a combination host bar/ cabaret/gogo. He had a small stage set up in the rear of the bar for small cabaret shows, many of which he starred in himself when he was drunk (just too funny), and another small stage set up in the middle of the bar which was occupied by a small number of gogo dancers (usually between 3 - 6).

The boys on staff were either the slim twink- types, or the freelance boy-next-door types with a variety of sexual identities. They would commonly start off dancing in their undies - and graduated to being totally naked as the night wore on and the tips started flowing.

I'll never forget my first visit to Monty's new bar - for as long as I live:

The first thing I saw when I walked into his new creation (fashioned by a truly untamed Australian Madman) were three old sofas covered with old tattered blankets resembling a hippy hangout back in the 70s - four or five naked boys shuffling around on a small stage just inside the doorway - a half dozen labyboys - complete with painted faces...smeared lipstick and sparkly outfits standing on the rear stage lip-singing a classic from the old "South Pacific" movie "I Gotta Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair" - while Monty, who was stumbling drunk with a half-empty bottle of 100 Pipers in one hand, was manually flipping the light switch next to the stage on-and off at a rapid pace - all in an attempt to present the illusion that it was a real disco light. This was truly a "Monty Creation", and I knew from the moment I walked in that this was my type of place. Simply a riot!

For those old history buffs out there, Monty owned and/or managed many businesses in-and-around the gay scenes, including the original "Two Guys Guest House" (Soi Yensabai), as well as very first boy bar in Sunee Plaza which sat right next to the old Marina Inn (adjacent from the pioneering "Amigo Pub"). Later, after closing his boy bar, he leased the Marina Inn swimming pool and immediately started advertising "FREE SWIMMING" to any and all boys in town as long as they swam nude. I can't begin to describe how much fun the afternoons were in Sunee during Monty's rule.

It was after Monty's lease ran out at the Marina Pool (along with other complications) that he opened his first bar in Jomtien Complex. The first being a gogo bar which sat right next to the old Two Faces which only lasted a few months because of health reasons - and then onto his next bar...which would be he last... which is the one being described here

RIP Monty. You were truly one-of-a-kind - and sadly missed.

2. 16 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (May 30th, 2023), arsenal (February 4th, 2023), bitop (February 5th, 2023), bkkmfj2648 (February 4th, 2023), gerefan2 (February 4th, 2023), Jellybean (February 4th, 2023), jvt22222 (February 4th, 2023), Kenny (February 4th, 2023), Khor tose (October 8th, 2023), llz (February 6th, 2023), Moses (February 4th, 2023), Oliver2 (February 4th, 2023), pong (February 5th, 2023), riverdee (August 9th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 5th, 2023), splinter1949 (February 9th, 2023)

Liked

Dodger, thanks for the memories… yes, Monty was certainly one of one … in addition to as you describe, he was one of the originators of the safe sex promotion group TAKE CARE … I have lived here 22 years, and in that experience, I have seen nobody like Monty.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (February 4th, 2023), riverdee (August 9th, 2023)

Liked

I had stay in Agate week ago directly in Complex. Without Chinese groups it is very cheap while still is European 4-stars hotel. My Crystal room was about 36 sq.m, has stairs from room to private veranda above room for sunbathing with table, chairs, shower and 2 sunbeds. Size of veranda is about 30 sq.m.

Unbeatable price 1420 Bahts (1500+ with taxes) for 2 persons. Personal is very gayfriendly (I had stay there with husband).

photo_5381861972468941940_y.jpg
    photo_5381861972468941941_y.jpg
    af8e88fc-d797-442e-8da2-87ca33d33f53.jpg
    2a2b6655-fa5d-4bc1-a221-276d5415fc4d.jpg
    b4963de6-77f8-4fe4-9205-0b1cff0e3446.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

6. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (May 30th, 2023), bkkmfj2648 (February 4th, 2023), Dodger (February 5th, 2023), Jellybean (February 4th, 2023), Oliver2 (February 4th, 2023), splinter1949 (February 9th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I loved Dodger's post.... and it reminded me of another reason why the commercial scene of twenty-plus years ago was so much better, at least for me, than what came later.

Its sheer amateurism.

In the 90s, BBB, Cockpit and Toyboys offered a relatively glitzy, professional go go show which appealed to many. However the smaller bars, some hardly bigger than a living-room, attracted my custom with their "hands-on" dancers, agile, energetic and -yes- sexy. The guys seemed to be enjoying themselves with mates, teasing , laughing and always smiling, rather than trying to look cool and detached. They would often sit next to punters unbidden when their "turn" was over.

For a shy, newly- arrived, recently apparently straight visitor, like me it was just the ticket.....I can tell you, odd as it may seem, that there more than a few falangs in Pattaya with a similar background to mine.

8. 8 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 31st, 2023), bkkmfj2648 (February 4th, 2023), Dodger (February 5th, 2023), francois (May 30th, 2023), Fred (February 5th, 2023), pong (February 5th, 2023), riverdee (August 9th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 5th, 2023)

Liked

The bar that I think London68 is referring to is probably the one that was opened by the notorious and infamous "Monty". And yes, this was back around 15-16 years ago (rough guess).

Monty, using all the abstract and daring creativity he was famous for, opened the bar (across from where Home Bar sits now) as a combination host bar/ cabaret/gogo.
    Pattaya -Monty's Cabaret, Jomtien.jpg

It was after Monty's lease ran out at the Marina Pool (along with other complications) that he opened his first bar in Jomtien Complex. The first being a gogo bar which sat right next to the old Two Faces which only lasted a few months because of health reasons - and then onto his next bar...which would be he last... which is the one being described here
    Pattaya - Two Faces, Jomtien.jpg

Coming back to 2023, this seems like a good thread for anyone to add their odds and ends about current venues in Pattaya to, given that the OP is asking about all three areas and there aren't any current trip reports on Pattaya or any other thread that pulls it all together.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bkkmfj2648 (February 4th, 2023), Dodger (February 5th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    i was not aware of this...must have been ages ago...like 20 years ago....or very well hidden...
    There was a thread/flamewar here about it back in in 2007.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...PEN-IN-JOMTIEN

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks Jay...great pics...brings back so many great memories.

Liked

Memories.... I had my first asian cock in the CASTRO Theater in SF MID 1980'S. Started a asian fetish with me that resulted in a desire to go to Thailand. (after reading different editions of the excellent Men of Thailand books)

thumbnail 1.jpg

I have an old VHS tape "tours to paradise" that I would love to see again (and you all should see it as well). I would like to digitze it, but hte tape needs to be disassembled lubricated, then digitized.

Has anyone seen it? anyone have it?
    thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail3.jpg

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Daveuk (June 2nd, 2023), Dodger (May 30th, 2023), goji (May 31st, 2023)

Liked

Have the books, tapes & took the tour - Tours to Paradise circa 1991. Package deal: airfare, hotels, transportation, tours & selected meals - about $1500 for two weeks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKY View Post
    Have the books, tapes & took the tour - Tours to Paradise circa 1991. Package deal: airfare, hotels, transportation, tours & selected meals - about $1500 for two weeks.
    I never went. I wanted to but.... any thoughts on your tour? can you digitize the tape. I think it should be loaded on Youtube for posterity.

17. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 1st, 2023)