Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Non commercial...is it possible

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Non commercial...is it possible

Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    ...love it...even country boys out in the middle of nowhere know they can make more cash sellingn their butts than planting rice....market forces at play...but Moses pray do tell how many did u meet up with? how easy is it to get them onboard

It isn't about commercial sex. Since my very first visit to Thailand I never paid for sex here.

Mose's reply above fascinated me, is it really possible to have only true non commercial sex is Thailand where no renumeration or reward is exchanged? May be possible I guess if one lives in a big city like BKK where there is a large middle/upper class, but as a tourist in Pattaya...I think not.
    In fact even when i come across a mixed couple its always an older wealthier foreigner (not only white, have come across singaporean & Japanese) with a younger Thai who benefits materially from the arrangement either by having free accomodation, living costs paid for, even in one case his college fees also being covered.
    How often do you come across an equal relationship??

Liked

Re: Non commercial...is it possible

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Mose's reply above fascinated me, is it really possible to have only true non commercial sex is Thailand where no renumeration or reward is exchanged?
    Yes, it is. It has been a long time since the last time, but I have had it happen to me a few times, including right here in Pattaya. I wasn't even looking for it. I was approached. Talk about a surprise!

Apparently some people really are attracted to us older farang. It didn't happen at any bars or gay venues. For me, once it happened in a grocery store. Once it happened with a young gent working in a 7-Eleven. Once it happened with a road construction worker. Once it happened with a sales worker in a furniture store. Once it happened during a stopover in Khon Kaen. Many years ago it happened twice during a trip to Malaysia - both times hotel staff members.

Money was not involved in any of those encounters.

They were the ones who did the approaching. I certainly never expected anything like that and I wasn't even looking for anything like that. But it happened nevertheless. If it happened to me, it can happen to anybody.

Has anyone else here ever had anything like that happen?

"I get no respect at all. I asked a girl to marry me. She said no. I asked 'Why, is there somebody else?' She looked at me and said, 'There must be.'"
    - Rodney Dangerfield
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (January 29th, 2023), jvt22222 (January 29th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[

How often do you come across an equal relationship??[/COLOR]
    Similar to what GB has encountered as he described in his post, I've enjoyed relationships, including sex of course, with several boys over the years on what you refer to as "an equal basis"...but never once with a boy I met anywhere near the working scenes, e.g., Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, etc.

The old saying "you can take the boy out of the bar - but you can't take the bar out of the boy" is usually (not always) the case. Once a boy gets indoctrinated to the working scene it's pretty much all over. After that, the bedrock of the majority of relationships (short and long term) is built on financial sponsorship.

I met a really nice boy once who was "hot as hell" in every sense while attending a farang friends house blessing party up in Kalasin. The boy had never stepped foot on any working scene...was earning a modest income as a trainee car salesman at a local Honda dealership...was openly gay...and was open from the start about being attracted to older western men. We enjoyed sex together routinely during my visits to Kalasin and no money ever passed hands - other than the drinks and meals I always paid for when we went out on the town.

I've crossed paths with other boys over the years - mostly during my romps around the Kingdom and had similar experiences.

Without boring you to death...I know you've all heard me blabber about this before...but the relationship I'm in now is with a boy who never stepped foot in Pattaya before our initial meeting, let alone work in a bar. He's a Buriram country boy at heart...earns his own modest living as an up-and-coming fashion designer...takes a lot of pride in his work and his ability to be self-sustaining. He has always had a preference for older western men...and has never asked for any financial donations from me. I do pay for all of our living expenses which doesn't add up to much more than if I was living alone...and April 4th will mark our ninth year together - living blissfully together in a fun-filled monogamous (and equal) relationship.

The reason I talk bring this up once-in-a-while isn't to gloat - it's to encourage someone out there who wants the same thing - but either doesn't know how to find it...or better yet, doesn't believe it's possible.

5. 8 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (January 29th, 2023), bkkmfj2648 (January 29th, 2023), jvt22222 (January 29th, 2023), Kenny (January 29th, 2023), Marc K (January 29th, 2023), riverdee (February 1st, 2023), Ruthrieston (January 29th, 2023), splinter1949 (January 31st, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I've enjoyed relationships, ...with several boys over the years on what you refer to as "an equal basis"....
    Impossible!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The reason I talk bring this up once-in-a-while isn't to gloat - it's to encourage someone out there who wants the same thing - but either doesn't know how to find it...or better yet, doesn't believe it's possible.
    Yes of course it is possible. Just come across as the prototypical sex-tourist who has only one thing on his mind. It's happened to me a few times in Thailand (Bkk, Pats) but, as was mention, it is more likely to happen in less sex-charged settings (Nong Khai or other places in the Northeast for example).

But where it has happened often for me is India. Don't know why. But often involving gay men who are trapped in unsatisfying straight marriages which were arranged by their parents. They are discreet, horny (yes!), and grateful for some opportunity.

Liked

In my own experience there are plenty of opportunities for gay sex in Pattaya without having to pay.

For the most part, this is with Thai guys who are in their late twenties or thirties, or older, many of whom are working in the tourist industry locally.

These guys are typically, slim, good looking, experienced and never in a hurry. A pleasure to be with.

On recent trips these encounters have included a hairdresser and a Bolt taxi driver, for example.

Another category I have encountered are the bored boyfriends of absent farang who are being supported by their patron in nearby condos. These are typically in their twenties, bored and horny. Happy to meet up for some daytime diversion.

Free encounters with the young guys who frequent the Jomtien Complex are less common, typically just one or two per trip.
    During my recent January holiday there I had two such experiences.

The first was with a young Thai guy, said he was 18, from the same condo building. He connected with me on Grindr and I invited him to my apartment for a neighbourly visit. We chatted for a while - he had excellent English - and then I asked him if he would like a hug, to which he responded positively and went on to play bottom to my top. He was a very nice guy and though we did not repeat the meet, I received a friendly greeting whenever I met him again in the bars of the Complex during the holiday, usually in the company of another farang.

The second "free" encounter with the younger set was with a Laos guy whom I offed and paid for a couple of times. Drinking with him on another occasion I explained that my BF was due to visit soon. He asked me if he could sleep with me for one last night as he enjoyed our time together, saying he did not want payment, and I was happy to pay the 300 baht off fee to release him from the bar. The next day, after a very pleasant night together, I offered to pay him but he refused, and looked offended. I was both surprised and a little embarrassed. A week later he returned home to Laos.

I miss that place so much....

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 30th, 2023)

Liked

...is it really possible to have only true non commercial sex is Thailand where no renumeration or reward is exchanged? May be possible I guess if one lives in a big city like BKK where there is a large middle/upper class, but as a tourist in Pattaya...I think not.
    Absolutely! My free encounters make 50-80% of all encounters. It's possible in Pattaya as well, I had several there. All from apps, chance encounters in real life 1-2% for me.

But it takes some time (the boy might have free time only once per week), travel, fringe expenses. Some of them don't speak English (no problem for me). And there is the problem of reproducibility. A few of these encounters were great, and I want a repeat! But the boy is busy with work or other things, or we lose contact. In these cases I wish he were asking for money, so I can have him whenever I want!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wish he were asking for money, so I can have him whenever I want!......OMG Christian...u sound like me now...LOL

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Memories of Babylon, particularly in its original premises, where I discovered to my uninhibited joy, that a fifty plus year-old falang could meet youthful Thais who found him attractive.
    Thank you Thailand.

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (February 2nd, 2023)