Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malaysia hotel

Liked

Re: Malaysia hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    If you don't know what mr giggles is talking about, watch the 2021 mini series, "The Serpent".

Did he really stay at the Malaysia Hotel? How do you know?
    A quick google search will confirm he did, as well as staying at a former backpackers' hostel across the soi (now the 7-11), although he lived longer term at Kanit House 504.

Remember, Soi Nam Duplee was a backpacker hangout, back in the day. The TV series "The Serpent" took some dramatic liberties for the sake of the story.

From an online Book Review: I have recently been on a Bangkok binge, having read Bangkok Burning (by Robin Newbold!), Lawrence Osborne's The Glass Kingdom and now the trilogy with the The Serpent. Having stayed at the Malaysia Hotel, where the protagonist - Charles Sobhraj - picked up some of his victims, and knowing the city extremely well made this true crime book a particularly poignant, if salutary tale.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Malaysia hotel

As such right, but that is really by now an awful long time ago. When I first came to BKK Khao Sarn-yes, that also widely known name, was already THE bekpek haunt and so I also stayed there. But not on the rd but a little off-room for 40 bt. (just a bed and a fan in it-bathroom outside, tipical Thai meals were 10-15 bt/plate). Got there in the blue public 59 bus from the then only airpt, DMK for 2 bt. 59 still runs that route and is now 8 bt.
    Stayed a few nites opposite in the IBIS late last yr (also as I had to earn some points for its HTL rewards) and this as very cheap-less as 1000/N. The usual Ibis-style rooms, good+fast wifi and BF-buffet was less as 200-not great, except the cf. I never take guys in my own room, but in this area they must be used to that. However the IBIS STYles near KSR (the old renovated ViengThai) is still closed.
    Der christian lives very close by this MY. Latest reviews mostly suggest its populair among people from that its name says.