Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: What to do as a young gay dude?

Liked

What to do as a young gay dude?

Hey, i'm traveling around southeast asia, currently in Thailand heading to Pattaya. I was wondering if there's activities for me to do as someone who isn't eager about gogo boys. I am not opposed to sex, but id rather find meaningful connections, learn the queer culture, club, raves and parties. The more underground queer culture of southeast asia, if there's one..?

Thanks x

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What to do as a young gay dude?

Then BKK has it: a fair lot of gay disco´s aimed at younger guys (and their admirers, tolerated as sponsors). Best known of course this DJ in Silom soi 2, also the big one near Ratchda (FAKE). And of course the few spread in the year ´white/rave parties´. JUst go there and you will soon have contacts.
    Have not been to Pty for many yrs so others will know that biggest brothel in the world by the sea better.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh-even though I now am certainly not young anymore, but I very well remember, long time ago, my first visits to this LOS as simply cheap bekpekker, that I had hardly anything to do myself, I was found/spotted soon enough by enterprising Thai in the know in hat famous bekpekker ghetto: Khao Sarn road. Though even that knowledge seems to have vanished now that people do not read/buy old-style guidebooks anymore. This was 1 major reason I got hooked on ever returning to this Land Of SMILes.
    Dr google will even show in its milli-secs special hoStels aimed at gay guys, but I really have no idea how trueful that will turn out to be. The white tourists certainly are returning by the thousands lately-as I did too.
    A specific feature for younger guys once was also the happy chance to meet many an other ASEAN young guy-once there were also thousands of Japanese-sadly they seem to have diminished quite a lot.

4. User who gave Like to post:

maump (January 20th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by wiiiy View Post
    Hey, i'm traveling around southeast asia, currently in Thailand heading to Pattaya. I was wondering if there's activities for me to do as someone who isn't eager about gogo boys. I am not opposed to sex, but id rather find meaningful connections, learn the queer culture, club, raves and parties. The more underground queer culture of southeast asia, if there's one..?

Thanks x
    GEt on grindr now (spoof GPS) , meet a few like minded young people. blued, romeo. there are many young men looking for foreign friends (if only to practice their english skills). Just put in your ad something like "looking for friends first, no money boys, sex ok, but not required," and university and other young professional men will contact you.

Keep in mind if you hook up with friends (not money boys) they have work and school lives and cannot support fulltime tour guide.

also, a siamroads tour guide (or other guides - there is a phone app for tour guides I think) for a day or 2 can help you learn the landscape.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (January 20th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    there are many young men looking for foreign friends (if only to practice their english skills).
    In my quite extensive experience, "practising English skills" almost always means "I'm seeking a foreigner for sex!"

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 20th, 2023), Dodger (January 22nd, 2023), maump (January 20th, 2023), Moses (January 20th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...in that case I'm 28 years old and an english teacher...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Then BKK has it: a fair lot of gay disco´s.
    A younger friend said to me the other day "what's a disco? How old ARE you?"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

discos were great...one could strut ones stuff...like a peacock...now its all clubs where the cool thing is to look disinterested and barely move...

12. User who gave Like to post:

bkkmfj2648 (January 21st, 2023)