List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you celebrate this New Year period Dec 2022 / Jan 2023 ?

Liked

Re: How did you celebrate this New Year period Dec 2022 / Jan 2023 ?

I spent the new years in manila, walking around with my\ filipino BF, sober, watching the fireworks, the drunks, with lots of loud explosions..... interesting but not the same as being with family, friends or just drunk gay jomtien bar boys...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648 View Post
    Since I am still fairly new here in Thailand as a recent retiree - I would like to share with you my first Thailand New Year's Eve period to get your feedback.

Being in the holiday spirit, I decided to take a personal initiative where I would prepare and give each condo staff member a personal card from me saying how much I appreciated their professional service and as a new retiree here that they make me feel special, welcome, and belonging to a great condo complex. Firstly, I had to find money cards. These are easily found back in Europe and in the USA during the holiday season. I had great difficulties finding something equivalent. I traveled over to Pattaya city and walked around until in a Mr. DIY shop at the Pattaya Avenue complex I found ornate Chinese money cards (as the Chinese New Year will arrive at the end of January) that were perfect and super cheap. Then onto my home computer to write the perfect thank you message in English and then to translate it from English to Thai and then back from Thai back to English to see what could be tweaked to make sure that I deliver a correct and meaningful message. Then the printing of the messages in both English and Thai that would fit into the size of the small money card envelopes. Then the ironing of the baht bank notes that I collected so that they would feel crisp, clean, and new. And then the assembly of the complete package - illustrated in the below photo collage.

Before heading over to Bo Win for the above mentioned house blessing I went around lunch time downstairs to the main floor where the hive of activity is by our condo workers and I started to distribute them to everyone I could find. And when I could not find someone the staff were already calling them from their work duty station to come to the lobby to collect their holiday note gift. The smiles on their individual faces and kind words in their limited English - truly made my holiday the best!! In fact, one of the security guys - every time he sees me he taps his shirt pocket (as he showed me that he stored my note in his pocket) and says thank you - I will never forget you. Truly a blessing to live here as a new retiree.
    I really enjoyed this story, and your kind heart. have you found a Thai man to share it with, or are you still a butterfly looking.? I'M sure you are a husband in high demand for cute thai man.

What condo complex do you rent in? how much are you costs? do they do 6 month rents? future retirees (or at least winter vacationer) wants to know.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    I really enjoyed this story, and your kind heart. have you found a Thai man to share it with, or are you still a butterfly looking.? I'M sure you are a husband in high demand for cute thai man.

What condo complex do you rent in? how much are you costs? do they do 6 month rents? future retirees (or at least winter vacationer) wants to know.
    Thanks for your compliments....I like to share Thai cultural experiences and get feedback as perhaps 90% of what we read here is about our sexual escapades.
    Note that I truly do enjoy the sexual stories - but it is nice to also have some non sexual stories to read about.

For now, I am a butterfly - I am only here since 4 months as a new retiree. So, I am not ready or willing to start a relationship for now.....

I live in one of the View Talay condo complexes that are in front of Dongtan Beach in Jomtien. I wanted a retirement situation where I can walk to everywhere; the beach, Jomtien Supertown Complex, condo pool, supermarket, etc. When I need more serious things or entertainment, I can take the low cost bahtbus into Pattaya city - that only costs 10 baht to get into the city and 20 baht to return to Jomtien (20 baht because 2 baht buses are required unless you walk over to the bahtbus starting point near the Wat temple).

If you want to live on the beach with a beach view then the costs will be on the higher side - between 20k to 30k for rent. There are much cheaper places but they were either too far away from the beach, or in the newer buildings that they are now building which are like Hong Kong high rises - very elegant but with tiny living spaces - like 32 sqm. I prefer condos with a larger living space between 60 sqm. to 90 sqm with a nice large balcony.

In almost ALL of the View Talay buildings in the lobby floor - there are usually 1 or more real estate agents that can show you the available units in the building. Generally they want a 1 year contract - but I know of exceptions where they did grant a 6 month contract (it is up to the owner of the apartment). These 6 month rentals are harder to find.

The MOST preferred building (for me) is the Grand Condotel building - as all of the apartments are sea facing - where you can see 180 degrees looking north towards Pattaya and south looking towards South Jomtien (NaJomtien). If you cannot get a sea facing rental - because the building does not completely face the sea - then go for a condo unit that is Pattaya facing with a seaview. In my opinion, these are the best because the sunset over the sea behind Koh Larn island is truly breathtaking.

ok, if you have any other to-be-new retiree questions - ask away....

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 16th, 2023), maump (January 15th, 2023), pong (January 16th, 2023)

Liked

...it is nice to also have some non sexual stories to read about.
    Absolutely!

Liked

Thanks for your compliments....I like to share Thai cultural experiences and get feedback as perhaps 90% of what we read here is about our sexual escapades.

In almost ALL of the View Talay buildings in the lobby floor - there are usually 1 or more real estate agents that can show you the available units in the building. Generally they want a 1 year contract - but I know of exceptions where they did grant a 6 month contract (it is up to the owner of the apartment). These 6 month rentals are harder to find.

The MOST preferred building (for me) is the Grand Condotel building - as all of the apartments are sea facing - where you can see 180 degrees looking north towards Pattaya and south looking towards South Jomtien (NaJomtien). If you cannot get a sea facing rental - because the building does not completely face the sea - then go for a condo unit that is Pattaya facing with a seaview. In my opinion, these are the best because the sunset over the sea behind Koh Larn island is truly breathtaking.

ok, if you have any other to-be-new retiree questions - ask away....
    thank you for your response. Are you in Talay 5 or 7? I have rented in talay 2 and been in a barboy room in talay1. Both have small rooms and the buildings are old. I looked for rent in 5 and 7 my last visit. but did not find anything. I ended up in royal park apartments which were pretty nice and large.

I'm in the Philippines right now and it is competition for a retirement location. so is Medellin colombia. I think I need to spend 6 months in each to see. international living says portugal is the best right now.... maybe should visit. but I know I won;t find sexual companions like I do in Thailand, PH or Colombia.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

if sex is a main driver then forget europe...cost will be prohibitive...