Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air quality in Pattaya and respiratory infections

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Air quality in Pattaya and respiratory infections

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    In trying to understand such problems, I'd be tempted to consider the impact of spending twelve hours enclosed in a metal box, surrounded by two hundred passengers who, between them, must be carrying all sorts of infections.
    On a previous flight to Thailand in August I asked the Chief Purser how many passengers were on board as the flight appeared to be full.

I was staggered when he replied 610…..yes 610!

550 in Economy and 60 in Business.

Airbus A380, Emirates.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 31st, 2022), splinter1949 (January 2nd, 2023)

Liked

It maybe just "a problem of dirty aircon filters". I'm sure owners of small hotels and apartments don't clean filters in aircons yearly as it is recommended by manufacturer, so filters collect a lot of dust and also bacterias from pev. guests.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

4. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (January 1st, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It maybe just "a problem of dirty aircon filters". I'm sure owners of small hotels and apartments don't clean filters in aircons yearly as it is recommended by manufacturer, so filters collect a lot of dust and also bacterias from pev. guests.
    You are 100% correct.
    Now I remember a few years ago in a rented condo I had to ask the landlord to clean the aircon as i was sure it was making me feel sick.
    Afterwards all the symptoms disappeared.

6. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (January 1st, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    On a previous flight to Thailand in August I asked the Chief Purser how many passengers were on board as the flight appeared to be full.

I was staggered when he replied 610…..yes 610!

550 in Economy and 60 in Business.

Airbus A380, Emirates.
    Emirates started reducing its first/business class only upper deck on some A380s quite a few years ago. It got rid of first and cut about 20 seats from business. So the first rows in the upper deck now have around 100 economy seats in front of the smaller biz class cabin. At least they kept the stand-up bar at the back.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

MFAS made a good suggestion a while back when he recommended that expats get a home air filtration system.

I never got one myself...maybe this year.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    MFAS made a good suggestion a while back when he recommended that expats get a home air filtration system.

I never got one myself...maybe this year.
    For comfort life at home you should have 2 systems additional to aircon: first will pump and filter fresh air from outside, second one in bedroom will just nonstop to filter air. Optional third system will humidify air when necessary. All 3 +aircon is better to connect to smart home - they will work only when it is really necessary - fresh air will be pumped only when carbon dioxide will be too high in home, humidifier will work only when air is too dry.

I have all all of them installed and am happy with such setup of climatization, controlling that from my phone, but in general smart home does almost 95% of control.

PS: all this climatization is now quite cheap, for example Xiaomi 2 purifiers, humidifier + smart home itself costs less than $1000.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 2nd, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    In trying to understand such problems, I'd be tempted to consider the impact of spending twelve hours enclosed in a metal box, surrounded by two hundred passengers who, between them, must be carrying all sorts of infections.
    Definitely a consideration!

Liked

I found my room too wet (my air purifier shower water content in air), and now run the aircon on dehumidify mode.