Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: LAOS'Vientiane is there or is there not a gay massage place?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

LAOS'Vientiane is there or is there not a gay massage place?

Even though I think noone will know the answer, I post it here for that unlikely case.
    Due to the current main staff at some newly opened BKK massageshops as m2m-mostly Laos guys, when conversation was possible with them I always asked them if they knew if there would be a same-styled shop in Laos.
    The guys who came NOT from Vientiane, capital, just over the Mekong river via road+rail bridge from Nongh Khai=all said: yes, or probably-and in VTE. THat seems reasonable. The guys from VTE mostly said NO govmt does not allow. Also makes sense, knowing Laos politics as peoples republic. Laos has taken great efforts in trying to protect its ladies from the fate as they saw it happen in TH with all those lusty Isany girls angling for farang husbands.
    The last guy I had seemed more informed and perhaps might even had a stint working there and told me, yes there was, but not as open as in TH and charging all in THB-but their money the kip is worthless anyway. Said it was 1000 THB-unclear if this was all-in or just the shops price. No further details.
    Dr. google of course will reveal nothing. Is matty from CN already there for some on the ground research? What knowledge can he wrestle out of Kim?
    It is probably so out of the way and tiny that Laos, even if it shares a very long and watery border with TH, does not feature here.

Liked

Re: LAOS'Vientiane is there or is there not a gay massage place?

I'll ask Leo next time I talk to him, but my guess is no. Gay venues are definitely a thing there in Laos, but are all underground and not publicly viewable.

You can put a rainbow flag up on your bar / restaurant kind of thing, but that's really about it. At least that's my undrstanding, but I'll clarify with Leo next time I talk with him.

Speaking of that, this seems like a good time to call and bug him. Let's see if he picks up.

Liked

Ok, wasn't actually able to have a voice call with him because he's busy with his English language school, and his abusive piece of shit Irish boyfriend.

Anyway, from what I understood, no actual gay massage shops like you'd find in Pattaya. However, he stressed anything and everything you want is available if you have the money, but you just need to find it on the internet.

He said he'll call me tomorrow when he has free time, so maybe get more info then.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OK, kawp jay, we do ´roh sakroo´.

Liked

Yeah, talked with him last night, and nope, no gay massage shops there. Again though, anything and everything you want is available, just need to find it on the internet.

Same type of thing as when I start my gay bar there. Won't be called an actual gay bar, and instead just a pub / restaurant, but everyone who works there will just happen to be young, cute and gay. It'll be a coincidence.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well, dear Canuck, it seems they already have such a place there-all the usual gay-listings mention it. Works the same in Cambodia.
    From what I later understand from the Laos guys is: a format also in most Thai provincial towns: a normal msg shop that has for customers in the know or being specially introduced to it, some extra playroom for some of the guys working there. Never advertising this as such.
    Now that we talk again: I wonder if you have ever till now been In that country named Laos at all? In those 8 yrs of illegal stay in TH you cannot have been out of it and were expelled straight out to CA then?
    To gather the staff for that bar you probably have to scout around here in BKK right now. That seems to be where the talent is.
    When sitting bored a few days ago I found quite old notes from fountainhall-also often on either this or that other board (via gaytingtong then) who had a report about a visit to Luang Prabang-around 2015 where he even got a gay guided evening out then. By one of the waiters of the HTL he stayed at and suspected to be in class.

Liked

Yeah, been to Vientiane a few times, but only for a few days each time and never looked at the gay scene while there. I was in a relationship at the time, and I don't cheat. Never have even once in my life.

Then Leo doesn't do the commercial sex scene, so no real surprise the info I got from him was incorrect.

Liked

In Siem Reap (two weeks ago), I had masseurs from three different mixed/genuine massage shops contact me on gay online dating.
    In Myanmar (in 2018 and 2019), I found several gay massages via their advert or their staff on gay online dating, and now they are active on twitter.
    I would try the same for Lao.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Follow up, now back in BKK for nearly 2 weeks and having just reached the full dozen=12 of Lao guys in those shops. The bakers dozen (nr 13, but will not be free) to follow soon-though a few of the 12 were so good a repeat is also OK for me.
    Around half of those also came from VTE and last week I heard from one that he well, indeed, was on a kind of standby/on call for such a shop in VTE. It seems its on demand, he would need to be available if called on specified days. Police was certainly something to heed for. But he told me he was far more content with what BKK could offer him in jobs done.
    Matt, these Lao guys are great, but also very strong in their hands-often a bit too much for me. Very polite but also quick in for a joke or some laugh. Eager to please.
    Now I always thought that Laos was so low in population and the men so extremely lazy (only the ladies seemed to work when I visited) that is quite surprised me.