Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: etiquette - ma$$age

Liked

etiquette - ma$$age

I love reading the experience on these forums. You guys defo have so much experience.

For a newbee like me can you let me know the etiquette of massage?

1) do you ask about top/Btm preference up front?
    2) if they are hung ?
    3) what they are willing to do?

I have always found myself (my limited experience) paired with whoever was available

I bet there are better strategies…

Please share your experience

2. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (January 11th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: etiquette - ma$$age

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie1978 View Post

Please share your experience
    Where to start.....

Walking into a massage parlor you've never visited before is the most challenging because you don't know the staff. This being the case you can either talk to the manager/mamasan and describe in detail what your preferences are - or just select a boy who looks good to you and provide this information to him once you're alone in the massage booth. Personally I just go with the flow and let things evolve naturally. I find that little bit of mystery to be extremely erotic. To each his own.

Massage boys are no different than bar boys when it comes to delivering their services. If you return to the same parlor often and get to know the staff you can then maneuver a bit more towards a boy who is the perfect match for you.

All massage boys understand that a "happy ending" is part of the service. If you prefer having oral and/or anal sex as part of the service this is considered an "extra" service and it would be customary to tip a bit more for this. Some boys will tell you this up front - and some will give you the traditional "Up2U".

Most boys will be happy with a 500 baht tip for a standard "happy ending". If you also give or receive a blowjob you might want to tip a bit more. If you have intercourse (top or bottom) I always tipped between 1,000 and 1,500 - the same as I used to tip for short time sex with bar boys. I know some farang who tip more and some who tip less - but this is just intended to give you a rough idea.

Most parlors allow their staff to be taken off for a 500 baht off fee if you ever have the interest.

One technique I've used many times when visiting a boy massage parlor for the first time is to ask for a foot massage first. I use that one hour while I'm sitting in a chair to observe the staff more closely and then pick the one who I fancy the most. Watching the boys interacting with each other during that time can also tell you a a bit about their personalities.

Once you return to the same parlor several times the staff (all of them) know everything there is to know about you, i.e. what turns you on, how you want the session to end, how big your penis is, how much you tip, etc., etc., so don't worry about always having to explain yourself when you're going back to the same parlor. They already know.

As far as the scope of services the boys are willing provide, again, I find this to be exactly the same as the variation in services we experience with the bar boys - which only makes sense. Half of them are str8, with the rest being a mix of gay, bi, ladyboy, and a few who don't have the foggiest clue yet.

Happy sailing!

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

andyk45 (December 25th, 2022), jvt22222 (December 11th, 2022), ktq (January 11th, 2023), poshglasgow (December 29th, 2022)

Liked

Thanks these are awesome tips.. love the foot massage idea (allowing to scope out the talent).

I wonder if there are any other key tips people have from experienced pros for a new bee

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Where to start.....

Most boys will be happy with a 500 baht tip for a standard "happy ending"
    . If you also give or receive a blowjob you might want to tip a bit more. If you have intercourse (top or bottom) I always tipped between 1,000 and 1,500 - the same as I used to tip for short time sex with bar boys. I know some farang who tip more and some who tip less - but this is just intended to give you a rough idea.

Happy sailing!
    I do agree with most of what you posted with one exception. I tip 1000 Baht for a massage which does include a happy ending, but never has anyone ever expressed anything other than a wai, if that.
    Not thrilled or happy or sad or disappointed or anything else. No one has ever gushed over my tip or seemed disappointed, nothing.

7. User who gave Like to post:

andyk45 (December 25th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

francois the massage guys get ridden more than a rental bike...probably 4 to 6 times a day...its not a novelty...its a business...to expect them to gush over a tip is expecting too much....

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (December 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...also I enjoy the challenge of a new place...have no hesitation is telling the receptionist i want a bottom...some places the guys are hovering outside which gives me the opportunity to engage in some light banter and even grope/fondle them...if im allowed to slip my hands under their shoirts and play with the hole then there is no doubt we are onto a winner...i never leave things to chance...partner and i will go for a walk about and come across a parlour thats hes been to and will encounter a masseuse that hes enjoyed, we will openly discuss him publicly like we are buying a piece of furniture before i march him inside for a good time..some funny situations when i meet my partrner at the parlour as hes just finishedand as he's leaving will exclaim what a good time hes just had , ill not even give the masseuse a break, grab him and enjoy round 2 with me..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dodger seems to be describing mostly the Pattaya joints.
    Here in BKK my exp is a little different. In fact the recently new started crop of such shops round Sapan kwai show all you ask for in their pix of the guys on offer- be aware that 99% of them are from the real Laos or Cambodia/Burma. Some not speaking any Thai at all. Besides the usual length/weight they also show position (>80% claim to be chay tae= real men) and a nr as 52/4/6=condom size (thickness). It also shows MIN tip (mostly from 7/800 up) and yes, confirm, I´ve done it nearly a dozen times now, this includes EVERything, not just a simply HJ. Up to the extent that guys even start to apologize they do not have the change from a grey note.........As if I would even have expected that. Quite a few of those guys still fairly new on the job are not used to whitey´s-yet. In 1 shop the guys available right them were shown life-subdivided into T-only or ´versa´. None, repeat none of these shops even offer foot-msg-some not even classic (no oil) Thai msg. The standard order is oil msg (or aroma=with a scent). All do private rooms only and with shower-in or out of that room. Do not expect too much of skills for specific msg-but it may be on offer. For the rest there is no real ´etiquette´-just let it happen and it will turn out OK-the whole procedure as such can even be done in complete silence-but I myself am not curious but only want to know everything so I always start some conversation and often this may turn into hilarious laughing. I speak enough of Thai for that.
    Another long standing site with such shops is ThaiMassageboy-but as this is paid advertise for long time, it also still shows Prince and New Hero-as for now still closed.
    I never ever have discussed before all the whats if and dos/donts and cases that it did not turn out are less as 1%=probably even lower as with ´normal meets´ for a 1st time. As 1st time I start with 1 hr-if I get the feeling this guy is the right one, I will ask for him next time and do 1,5 hr-that way my very best friend for many yrs was found once. A well-known exception for its always offered special services is Arena in Silom Plaza/BKK-just find any of the multitude of reviews for that. This is NOT a place that will appeal latin.
    Pattaya does remain an exception in many cases-and latin too in his puberescent ways to drooggeilen. He must be a slow learner in that till now he still has not grasped that jokes are only 1 time funny-and boring after. Or perhaps he has been too long away from the fruits of joy here..........
    The easiest/best way to get to know a guy better-if he also agrees, is swapping line/fone nrs, some also do whatsapp-for later-to avoid that silly 500 bt off fee. Most shops also do saving-cards for regulars: like after X times you get 1 time free or big discount.
    The usual term for the man in charge (not mamasan) is captain or sometimes just ´manager´ in those shops. The guys themselves will usually name him ´boss´-though the real owner of that shop in the end is usually far, far away. But in slack times it may simply one of the guys who knows how to handle all those electronics and for you, special service, perhaps the one who speekee the beetee of angkrit=/en/

12. 7 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 11th, 2022), francois (December 11th, 2022), jvt22222 (December 11th, 2022), ktq (January 11th, 2023), llz (December 30th, 2022), poshglasgow (December 29th, 2022), Ruthrieston (December 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post

dodger seems to be describing mostly the Pattaya joints.
    Valid point.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

I do agree with most of what you posted with one exception. I tip 1000 Baht for a massage which does include a happy ending, but never has anyone ever expressed anything other than a wai, if that.
    Not thrilled or happy or sad or disappointed or anything else. No one has ever gushed over my tip or seemed disappointed, nothing.
    You may or may not agree with what I'm about to say - but I have to say it anyway:

When a Thai is handed a tip (for any service) they usually (not always) respond in very distinguishable ways if you know what to look for:

- They will almost always thank you regardless if they're happy with the tip amount or not. (conflict avoidance)
    - If you're a stranger to them they will almost always "wai" when thanking you. (more formal)
    - If they know you they may or may not include a "wai" when thanking you. (less formal)
    - If they look directly into your eyes when thanking you (with or without a "wai) they are most likely pleased with the tip amount.
    - If they look down at the ground when they thank you (with or without a "wai) they are possibly not pleased with the tip amount.

These behavior patterns are inherent in all Thai culture and not isolated to the massage business. Knowing this little bit about Thai "body language" may be very helpful.

Signing off

Dalai Dodger

15. 9 Users gave Like to post:

AdamKY (December 11th, 2022), arsenal (December 11th, 2022), bkkmfj2648 (December 11th, 2022), christianpfc (December 13th, 2022), jvt22222 (December 11th, 2022), ktq (January 11th, 2023), Patanawet (December 11th, 2022), poshglasgow (December 29th, 2022), Ruthrieston (December 12th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ha, for once, actually been more than once i agree with dodger, the joyous sparkle in their ey eswhen thye look at you directly when happy with the tip...hadnt actually connected the dots...