I saw some quite recent reports from visits to that city, but right now not sure where (as I read a few forums daily, mostly to simply keep up).
What I also remember was that some guys are far more in the closet and do not like HTL-an AirB&B might work better for that=no chance that some relative/friend from near or far can recognise that guy.
There is also not really a specific gay area-it is all spread out over town with a very few venues closer by one another.
Which airls fly is easy to see on google-flites or dozens of other sites-the main point is for most if you want/avoid low-cost or not-for some this seems to be a near life occupation. But the flite as such is less as 1 hr-you can survive without a snippet of food during that time? It MAY also be more economical if you can add it to your flite to BKK-with stopovers both ways, And there is the choice of 2 airpts here in BKK.
Christian, one of the moderators of this forum, has stayed in PnPn for around 1 yr-stuck due to covid then and has in his blogspot plenty of info-but not on hi-scale HTLs. The very well known Arthur&Paul-with sauna and bluntly aiming the gay market, is fairly expensive and not in centre town but seems to offer plenty of daytime amusements.