Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya - did you like the 2022 Pattaya International Fireworks Festival (25 + 26 November)

Liked

Pattaya - did you like the 2022 Pattaya International Fireworks Festival (25 + 26 November)

Did anyone attend the 2022 Pattaya International Fireworks Festival?

Pattaya_International_Fireworks_Festival_2022.jpg

Did you like it?

It was my first one and I only attended the 2nd night of the 2 night affair on 26-Nov-2022.

In competition were Canada, Philippines, and Belgium. For me, both Canada and Belgium were equal winners.

If I go next year, I will be better prepared - to arrive in time to get a good seat on some beach mats with proper drinks and food so that we can sit and relax and enjoy the show.

The first 2 displays for Canada and Belgium were almost back to back - however there was a 1 hour and 15 minute interval until the 3rd display from Belgium began at 9:15pm.

They estimated that there were 100.000 people in attendance. Yes it was very packed, but I found it civilized and calm and never felt unsafe. In fact, I felt that it was very well organized.

Thoughts?

Pattaya_fireworks_26Nov2022.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya - did you like the 2022 Pattaya International Fireworks Festival (25 + 26 November)

Those of us who live outside Pattaya- for instance in Jomtien, found travel into the beach area nigh -on impossible. Not only were the roads already clogged by midday, the baht busses I saw were dangerously overloaded and few in number. Motor-cys may have squeezed their way in but nothing else.

I saw a family with two children waiting forlornly in Theppasit as buses passed them by. Very sad; it looked a good show.. And it's great to see Pattaya attracting crowds again, despite the problems such numbers cause.

Liked

Re: Pattaya - did you like the 2022 Pattaya International Fireworks Festival (25 + 26 November)

I also live outside of Pattaya in Jomtien. It was almost impossible to get a ride into Pattaya.
    Since I was with a Thai person, he was VERY creative in getting us a ride after:
    - we gave up on the baht busses, as they were overpacked - and those few that were empty told him that they were not going into the chaos,
    - we had to walk to 2 different popular motor-cys stands (at beginning of the Jomtien Complex on Thrappya road and then on the corner with Theppasit) before we could find 2 distinct motor-cys to get a ride on. Since we were in 2 - many of the motor-cys drivers insisted that both myself and my Thai friend hop on to a single motor-cys - I refused because one of us would have to suspend our feet to avoid being burned by the muffler and the distance was too far.

After about 30 minutes - we were able to get 2 motor-cys (a husband and wife team) who safely got us into Pattaya - by weaving in and out of the nightmarish traffic - it was a very nail biting experience - but these 2 drivers were excellent. They dropped us off on 2nd road at Soi 10 - so only 1 block away from Beach road where the center of the festivities were.

Getting back was easier - as we walked over to Boyztown after the firework show. However, it was also nail biting - because our motor-cys drivers found some shortcut that took us on a muddy pot holed street with NO asphalt - that was very slippery - it is truly a miracle that we did not slip and fall into the deep water pits - ending up like 3 little pigs - ok, in my case a larger pig.

I would like to make a correction to what I wrote above - as I could not find an edit button to do so.

Incorrect text: "The first 2 displays for Canada and Belgium were almost back to back "
    Should read: "The first 2 displays for Canada and The Philippines were almost back to back "

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I went a few years ago. We thought it would be a good idea to watch from the rooftop bar at the Hilton. Big mistake. Never again.
    They wanted 3000 baht per head to go up and the cost of drinks was astronomical.
    Went back to Sunee…good old days.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I went a few years ago. We thought it would be a good idea to watch from the rooftop bar at the Hilton. Big mistake. Never again.
    They wanted 3000 baht per head to go up and the cost of drinks was astronomical.
    We had a low budget adventure standing underneath a coconut tree for 2 hours where the stage was - drinking orange juice and beers.
    Our biggest expense was the 2 motorbikes to get there - as the price doubled due to the exceptional crowds of 100.000 people.

Liked

I did watch the fireworks from my condo roof on both days for the first displays at about 7:30-8:00 pm. One evening took a motorbike taxi to Jomtien from Pattaya and on next day a friend and I took a Baht Bus at 8:45 pm, again from Pattaya to Jomtien and it was empty except for the two of us. And on return we hopped another Baht Bus with only the two of us!. Really strange.