Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New or reincarnated gay bar in Jomtien ?? Zoomer Bar

Liked

New or reincarnated gay bar in Jomtien ?? Zoomer Bar

New or not new - how to define this bar??

I get an invite in Hornet to come to the "new" Zoomer Bar, which is found in the small alleyway (behind the Bamboo bar) where the D.D. Inn is in Jomtien, near Beach road.

Zoomer_bar.jpg

If you know where the Pirate Bay Cafe is - it is in that alley way right after the D.D. Inn is located.
    I asked around about the history of this bar before going and everyone told me - no, that is a Lady bar - as that alleyway is known for that.
    So, after visiting the Pattaya fireworks last night, I asked my Thai friend to accompany me there.
    As I am new here - I don't know the history and backstory like many of you more senior experienced members.
    We met with the 2 gay guys, who are brothers, (the ones who sent me invites on Hornet) who are manager bar workers there. I ask them if I can interview them as it was confusing to me what kind of bar this is and why is it outside of the Jomtien Supertown Complex?
    He points to a "Lady" and tells me that she is the owner and that previously this was a Lady bar. The 2 brothers talked her into repurposing the bar into a gay bar - which they are now doing. By the way, they are ALL from Isaan - hence the connection.

While we were there - only for 1 drink - as we were VERY tired after attending the Pattaya fireworks show - we saw:

2 cute / sexy straight masculine guys playing pool. When I asked about their status I was told that they can be offed and that 1 of the 2 was already reserved by a falang customer who had not yet arrived,
    1 Lady - the owner - I assume that she is a real woman,
    1 Ladyboy - she was older and not sexy at all - perhaps left over from this bar's previous life ?
    2 waiter/manager gay brothers - super friendly and willing to answer any of your questions,
    1 falang that was sitting by himself,
    3 falangs - a group that entered during our visit - they all seemed to know very well the 2 gay brothers who are managing the place,
    1 semi-waiter that was also available to be offed.

I hope that this new reincarnated bar can survive being outside of the Jomtien Complex (JC). I asked the 2 brothers, why did you not put your new bar inside of JC, and their response was that since their bar was in this small hidden alleyway behind the famous Bamboo bar, he said that the clients would have more privacy. He said that if they had put their bar in Supertown - then their clients would not have the privacy that they can have in this hidden location.

It made me wonder - privacy for what? We did not see any hankypank (sleezy behavior) taking place.

Perhaps it gets more interesting later in the night ?? We were there around 10:30pm.

Anyone have any additional information?

Zoomer_bar_map.jpg

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 27th, 2022), Kenny (November 27th, 2022), poshglasgow (November 28th, 2022), Ruthrieston (November 29th, 2022), splinter1949 (November 29th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: New or reincarnated gay bar in Jomtien ?? Zoomer Bar

It's positive to see gay bars extend beyond the established gay JC soi. I noted yesterday that Dick's Cafe soi has a number of bars- established post-Covid, I believe- and that even in the middle of the afternoon they were doing good business.
    The area as a whole is more vibrant than it was before Covid. If only Boyztown....

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 27th, 2022), poshglasgow (November 28th, 2022), Ruthrieston (November 29th, 2022)