Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Nice boys was good

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Nice boys was good

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I can't help but feel redeemed after being scoffed at by "negative nellies" for 2-1/2 years every time I said "The Scene will Revive Itself".
    OK fair enough, but ...

Beer and Mak seem to be hanging onto Nice Boys by their fingertips as Sunee continues to fade into the background.
    All I sense are hungry ghosts perched in between the dilapidated buildings, taunting me with their seductive smiles...with glimpses of a past life that seems even more surrealistic.
    I don't mean to be a "negative nellie" but is this what we now mean by the scene "reviving itself"?

one or two go-go bars struggle to survive in Sunee, very few positive reports on Boystown, the only salvation seems to be Jomtien Complex - but not for go-go, only for bar-beers

and even with Jomtien Complex the main complaint from staff seems to be everyone just sits and drinks, they can't live off drinks and tips and there are very few offs! and even on the best of nights it is obvious there are far too many bars for the number of customers - customers outnumber staff in most of the bars!

again I don't mean to be a "negative nellie". I had a great weekend in Jomtien Complex last month and I will be back again in February, but by no stretch of the imagination has the go-go scene, or the gay scene generally, in Pattaya "revived itself" enough to dismiss the scoffees and it is not likely to in the next few years, if ever - I agree with you, there are a lot of hungry ghosts around!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 8th, 2022), francois (December 7th, 2022), moistmango (April 19th, 2023)