Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
Better. But of course thats just a very general idea and only based on those msg-shops, have this time (today last day of my 44 day stint) not even been INside any of the famous BKK/Silom gogos. There is also a notable difference between Laos and Khmer. My personal score of Laos guys sprung from 2 to >10 this time. My own fave are the Burmese though. And by now I state advance ´NO VN!´-if any present.
Again very roughly and perhaps only personal is that the non-Thai guys simply assume the whole full service is included. I always try to set up some talk with them-I understand for quite a few it may even be the very 1st time for a non-ASean, and in most case this also proved possible- I speak enough of standard Thai-some Laos only that awful Lao dialect which made it even hard for them to survive in BKK without friends translating. Those well known old-time stories of ´pa ran away, drink too muth, buffalo die, etc.´ never to be heard, some quite hilarious jokes and/or stories sometimes. 1 guy told frankly he was there to earn a new motosay-the old one had crashed, hoping for a brand new, but 2nd hd would also do.
Very interesting take. Not saying I agree, but good to read your point of view.