List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How difficult is it to date long term seriously in Bangkok?

Liked

Re: How difficult is it to date long term seriously in Bangkok?

Well, as stated above if you're the white dude from the West and in a long-term relationship with a cute Thai guy, you're going to be expected to be the bread winner. Wouldn't exactly expect them to start pitching in for rent or the grocery bill any time.

However, that hardly means they're all money grubbing lowlifes as you imply. It's not like they incessently bitch and moan for you to buy them a car or build them a house or anything remotely like that. From my experience, many of them are totally happy to live a modest life in a rented house, eat standard market food, et al.
    n

2. User who gave Like to post:

pong (November 24th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i have no personal experience with that so can only assume that for a change u r not over exagerating the kind caring qualities of the average thai cutie...I guess having a stable safe home with all the necessities of life like food and booze is l;ike hitting the jackpot forn the average poor Thai

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There are seemingly not that many such very poor Thai lads anymore anyway. All these old-time sob stories of ´mama die, pah only drink, have to sell buffalo´ also seem to have faded away, or at least i hardly ever hear them and I always try to set up some interesting conversation and speak enough of Thai for that. But thats mostly msg-guys as I shun those go2x bars in overpriced Silom. Many are simply students (I check that, know enough of mahavitalayai), from far way, who also have to do some work on the side and to whom this looked better as serving in restrt or some odd hrs in a 7. Some are indeed also a bit on the lookout for more steady relation, but who can blame them for that. Plus that its also a time-honored very long time custom for Thai student girls to try to stick to a sugarcane-daddy type sponsor-the guys just imitate. LIke about 99,99% of this gay bisnis model is simply imitation of the str8 world.
    As I still kept the romeo account alife through the yrs without much using it, I noted that as its now set to BKK again there seem to be quite a few on the lookout-or at least they state that- for longer time relation. Thats for back to the question.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    I would always suggest a consultation with Dear Uncle Go - his advice may be getting a bit long in the tooth but there are always some valuable pointers!
    Oh dear-OMG. Does this khun lung still exist? How long ago was that? Thai Rath or some other nangsue phim (news ppr?) Well-at least one has to know reading Thai to get the message..........
    Somehow now that I see this I kind of remember there was also some older ladyboy/katoey offering all sorts of mostly quite funny advice, but with also a gain of seriousness in it?

Liked

Once you have eliminated the fakers and the moneyboys, there are some decent boys I met who are looking for a relationship. It is rather I who is not looking for a relationship.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 28th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Having met a few mixed couples its the foreigner (usually white, but on the odd occasion chinese or arab) that plays the role of sugar daddy, the Thai is always younger/cuter, sugar daddy pays, everyone is happy and smiling and professing ever enduring true love...as long as sugar daddy has cash...really simple really.
    That's the stereotype from one whose activities are purely for sex. But it's simply not true in some cases. I know of three couples where the Thais have university degrees and business ventures which give them a greater income than the farang. Keep an open mind. And don't rule out the apps but be very selective. Remember, too, that Thailand remains difficult for many younger Thai business professionals. It they work for a company, the vast majority will not want their colleagues to know they are gay. That can lead to discrimination including lack of promotion possibilities. It's one reason you will not find more than a few Thai professionals in the western gay venues. They will go to the mixed gay/straight bars and clubs around Soi Thoonglor which have gay sections.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 29th, 2022), Ruthrieston (November 29th, 2022)

Liked

I think Tinder would get you better chance to find Thai guys who interested in dating and not just sex.
    The biggest issue would be language barrier, but I have a friend who is dating a Thai guy who speaks 0 English and they're getting along just fine.
    You can start from making new friends with local guys. Go to regular bars (not the one with boys who work there only for money)
    One thing I learn from getting new friends from gay bar in Bangkok is that all the local gay circles are connected.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

tinder????????

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    One thing I learn from getting new friends from gay bar in Bangkok is that all the local gay circles are connected.
    Yes-right They will even gladly pass you on if they feel some other friend fits you better! Both happy- Thai friendliness