Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luxury Hotel in Pattaya

Liked

Luxury Hotel in Pattaya

First time visitor to Pattaya, going to be making a side trip from Bangkok. I was wondering if there is a luxury hotel within walking distance of the gay scene. I see that both Jomtien Complex and BoyzTown are the nightlife area but they seem far from one another on Google Maps. Which one is better to be near for a 2 or 3 night stay? Thank you very much.

Liked

Re: Luxury Hotel in Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherz View Post
    First time visitor to Pattaya, going to be making a side trip from Bangkok. I was wondering if there is a luxury hotel within walking distance of the gay scene.
    there is nothing I would class as "luxury" within walking distance of either Jomtien Complex or BoyzTown, but I suppose it depends on your idea of "luxury" - whuich hotel are you staying at in Bangkok for example?

and as comedian Steven Wright noted "Everything is walking distance if you have the time", but in Pattaya or Jomtien it should be fairly easy to get a Bolt/Grab/taxi/baht bus from your hotel to either Jomtien Complex or BoyzTown anyway.

there is always Royal Cliff for "luxury" halfway between Jomtien and Pattaya, or the usual Hilton/Marriot/Avani/Dusit offerings in Pattaya, or if walking distance is more important then Posiedon is right in Jomtien Complex and Ambiance is right in BoyzTown

I personally prefer the relaxed bar beer atmosphere in Jomtien Complex, but it depends on what you are looking for and the "which is best - Jomtien Complex or BoyzTown" fills multiple threads here regularly!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ambiance is NOT a luxury hotel....stayed there once, never again, crazy noisey at night as its surrounded by clubs playing super loud music and during the day the surroundings without the disguise of dartkness and mood lighting resemble a slum.....truly horrible...

4. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (November 4th, 2022)

Liked

Latintopxx
    I think you are being unfair to the Ambiance where I stayed during my July trip. Yes it definitely is not a luxury hotel but the noise problem was not present in July at least.
    I had one of the larger rooms which I and my “boyfriends” found to be very confortable. The cleaning was of a good standard and everything worked well ie tv, aircon, shower etc. In the context of post Covid Pattaya I don’t think BT could be described as a slum.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=Pantherz;292860

I was wondering if there is a luxury hotel within walking distance of the gay scene. I see that both Jomtien Complex and BoyzTown are the nightlife area but they seem far from one another on Google Maps. Which one is better to be near for a 2 or 3 night stay? Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

There's are no luxury hotels within walking distance to any of the gay scenes in Pattaya.

If you're interested in more lively nightly entertainment, i.e., gogo bars, shows, etc., I would recommend Boyztown.

I lodged in an executive suite at the Dusit Resort during my early visits to Pattaya and had all the "luxury I wanted", but after experiencing a small and somewhat sleazy hotel right in the midst of all the "Boy "action I never had any thoughts of returning to the Dusit. It's all a matter of where your priorities at at.

Enjoy your visit.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherz View Post
    I was wondering if there is a luxury hotel within walking distance of the gay scene.
    I suggest the Avani Pattaya Resort. It's not quite "luxury," but the pool area is and the biggest suites are. It's an easy walk to Boyztown. It's a truly wonderful hotel.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

If you're interested in more lively nightly entertainment, i.e., gogo bars, shows, etc., I would recommend Boyztown.
    Isn't it dead? Is it?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (November 7th, 2022)

Liked

Could be problems bringing back boys to luxury hotels (5* I suppose) of which there are are several in Pattaya, such as the Hilton. If you are planning to do this it’s important to verify that it’s ok and to book the room for two persons. I have stayed in the Banyan Tree hotel in Bkk and whilst I had boys in my room, I had “stares” from other guests who were not in town for the same purpose as myself.

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by puwe View Post
    It’s miles from Boyztown and even more miles from Jomtien Complex.