Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: life post gogo bars...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

life post gogo bars...

After my recent difference of opinion with cdnmatt I got to wondering...does anyone know of gogos (lets call them that) who after their looks have faded & gravity has attacked their once pert butts have retired back to Isaan or wherever with their hard earned earnings and had a successful 2nd life...

2. User who gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (November 1st, 2022)

Liked

Re: life post gogo bars...

From my personal experience, nope. Kim ended up in Bangkok working as lead singer for one of those morlam bands. Then I lost my phone hence his number, and no idea what happened to him after that. He definitely wasn't rich though.

While living in Khon Kaen, I hooked up with several cute guys who used to be go-go boys in Pattaya, and none of them were exactly living the life. They were all just getting by, week to week. And they were really cute, nothing wrong with them.

Us humans are fickle. My one main dude fucked off on me to Bangkok to work at a restaurant. After two months, he now has 2000 baht to his name. Not sure why he's doing this, because he knows I'll send him about 6000 baht/month via Western Union just for hanging out in his village and helping take care of the family. He already knows, if he wants to hang out in Bangkok, then the Western Union transfers from me stop.

Leo is being a bit of a dumbshit too. They have a very successful English language scool in Laos, but he's sick and tired of life. Hates his boyfriend, thinks the kids are assholes, and is just overall tired. So that's it, he's going to move to Bangkok and sell milkshakes. Go figure.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

..does anyone know of gogos (lets call them that) who after their looks have faded & gravity has attacked their once pert butts have retired back to Isaan or wherever with their hard earned earnings and had a successful 2nd life...
    It's a real mixed bag which one might expect.

My first Boy Special left the bar scene after landing his dream-job as a dancer at Tiffany's. After 4-5 years under the spotlight he returned to his home in Udon to take care of his ailing grandmother and finally ended up working as a seamstress making dance costumes.

Another boy I was close with left the bar scene shortly before covid to work as a Uber driver in Bangkok.

Several other boys I know left the bar scene due to covid and went to work back in their home villages. One I know works at a motorbike repair shop, while other's either help out on the family farm or work for peanuts at the local market.

A few college boys I've known over the years who worked the bars to make tuition money during school breaks landed some pretty decent jobs after finishing school - one with Air Asia. But unfortunately, most of the bar boys who weren't going to school just drifted back home and followed in their fathers footsteps. And we know where that leads them.

There's no doubt that sex workers, especially the shining stars, earn way above average incomes and live on easy-street as compared to being stuck back at the farm, but, as we all know, they can only do this work until their appeal starts fading which is usually around age 30 if not sooner.

I knew one boy who graced the stage at the old Star Boys Gogo who saved every penny he earned and eventually opened a small restaurant in Bangkok. With that exception, every other bar boy I've known was as broke when he left town as he was when he first arrived. Then there's the unfortunate ones who never survived the scene and ended up dead. Sad, but true.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 1st, 2022), jvt22222 (November 1st, 2022), splinter1949 (November 4th, 2022)

Liked

Several boys I knew and lost contact with, the last I knew that they moved to Europe to stay with someone there. But because I lost contact, I don't know if they are still there or back.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...was kinda hoping for a success story, not someone who moved to europe with their white "master" but someone who saved up enough to buy land , build a proper house & farm the land commercially thus becomong self sufficient bamd independent. Or someone who was a MB part time whilst a student (so not a gogo selling his butt on a stage but via the apps) and now has a good job catapulting him into the Thai lower middle class sort of thing. To a certain degree I keep in conbtact as in if one is particulary good then I'll make a note and engage him a 2nd or 3rd time...yes surprise surprise even though I do treat them with indifference the vast majority are willing to come back.....but thats it, have never been interested in really keeping in contact, chatting, kniowing anything about their personal lives. Thought chjristiuan ot matt having had a lot more time on the land to explore would have come across success stories...guess they all live the high life until the looks go...kinda tragic
    Last edited by latintopxxx; November 1st, 2022 at 01:51. Reason: spelling

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 1st, 2022), jvt22222 (November 1st, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...was kinda hoping for a success story...
    There are plenty of foreigners who lost all their possessions (houses, businesses, cars etc.) to prostitutes.

Does that count? I am sure they would see themselves as successful. ​

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Well, Leo was never a money boy per-se, but currently is co-owner of a successful English language school.m I think it's three classes, 50 kids each, so 150 students, plus he does private tutoring on the side with some of the kids who's parents have money.

He says he makes about 15 million kip per-month, so about $1200 USD per-month. It's all relative, because as for Canadian standards that would afford you a parking stall in a major city, but for over there it's not bad.

Apparently though, he's so disgruntled with life he's had enough, and is going to go sell milkshakes in Bangkok, so go figure. I feel bad, because I should be there right now. Let Gohn and Leo see my face, and there lives will change. Can't wait to get there, but not going there until I know everything is 1000% in place. Already been thrown into prison in Asia once, and although it was only for a week, want to ensure it can never happen again.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

$1200., you must be joking when you sayt "not tool bad", thats an absolute fortune compared to most blue collar type jobs, he's silly to give it up.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The best I know are some guys who did it (msg work, not gogo) as an aside to finance study and after graduation got the proper job with their diploma (=also a Thai word). And married and got kids-or not.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes i guess u know they were/are in it strictly for the money when they get married and have kids...or maybe its just the done thing in rural areas ....u know..wife and kids...