Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: life post gogo bars...

Liked

Re: life post gogo bars...

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I understand that the previous mamasan of Cupidol opened a bar in Jomtien. It might be something you can ask considering your motive. She stays in contact or has info about many of the boys.
    That bar is M BAR; located on the soi parallel to the main soi in the Complex.

https://www.gaysupertown.com/

2. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 7th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    It's easy to see the downside of relationships like the one Daveuk describes, particularly the cost and the fear that you are being taken for a ride....a view sometimes expressed here on this site. But there are positives which go beyond the usual ones of sex and companionship.

Like others, I've reached the stage in my life when I'm losing friends and family and my social circle is becoming smaller by the year.. Gay men don't usually have children and grandchildren to care for them; our relationships fulfil that role. And with the ravages of time, it means that a younger guy can provide a complex combination of friendship, companionship lover, and a quasi father/son function.

It brings worry of course; anxieties about health, about employment prospects, about family....and I've experienced all these. Bit then I console myself by accepting that such things are a consequence of love. To have someone to worry about becomes a blessing.

To quote the Pet Shop Boys:

You dress me up, I'm your puppet
    You buy me things, I love it
    You bring me food, I need it
    You give me love, I feed it

We never-ever argue, we never calculate
    The currency we've spent
    I love you, you pay my rent
    I love you, you pay my rent

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    That bar is M BAR; located on the soi parallel to the main soi in the Complex.

https://www.gaysupertown.com/
    That is a really impressive map. Would be great if someone would walk around the complex with a camera to give a visual overview.

If only they would allow a couple gogo bars

5. User who gave Like to post:

bkkmfj2648 (November 7th, 2022)

Liked

[QUOTE=vnman;292893]Would be great if someone would walk around the complex with a camera to give a visual overview.

https://youtu.be/lj5KQEa028A

Halloween night 2022 walkabout.

7. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 7th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's great to see JC come back to life again so don't get me wrong, but they seriously need a boost of ENERGY to liven things up.

Music...dancing...a few gogo's...more sleaze....and last but not least, a better supply of HOT BOYS. I counted "1" boy in the video that I thought was cute. The rest were unappealing to me and appeared to be well over-the-hill for the working scene. The punters appeared to be waiting in queue for the Bingo game to start.

Monty would be turning over in his grave!

Liked

Dodger, have you been to Jomtien Complex in person to check it out?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    If only they would allow a couple gogo bars
    vnman - that would be the icing on the cake. They would also need to add at least one place to dance - as their business model of:

"falang sits down and drinks" gets boring real fast - it is too static and is not conducive to producing energetic fun.

often when I go to JC, I intentionally stand at whatever bar I go to. It makes the waiters and mamasans crazy. They say, please, falang sits.
    I respond why? it is so boring. I want to stand like you are allowed to stand. They just don't get it....

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 7th, 2022), vnman (November 7th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Dodger, have you been to Jomtien Complex in person to check it out?
    Jai and I lodged in JC for a few days/nights of partying last month - had a good time - similar scene as shown in the video minus the Halloween masks.

I have several Thai friends who work the JC bars who transferred over from Sunee...and they admit to getting bored there sometimes as compared to Sunee before its demise.

I've been visiting JC in the afternoons on a weekly basis for the past 3 years just to monitor what was happening. Very glad to see the lights back on, but again, without a bit more "action" it doesn't burst my bubble.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I share Dodger's views on the guys working at the JC. P and I were there in July. We had a great time but, to be blunt, if I were still looking for an evening's fun with a working guy, I don't think I'd even bother going to the bars.
    Admittedly, the only time we had a drink there was early in the evening before dinner but we did wander through later in the night on occasions. Only occasionally did I see anyone I fancied.

Few of these guys are what I call twinks. Very different to the sort of guys I was meeting in my butterfly days in Boyztown and Sunee.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

Few of these guys are what I call twinks. Very different to the sort of guys I was meeting in my butterfly days in Boyztown and Sunee.
    Others complain that all the boys are gay and fem and twinks?

Dodger wrote,

Music...dancing...a few gogo's...more sleaze....and last but not least, a better supply of HOT BOYS. I counted "1" boy in the video that I thought was cute. The rest were unappealing to me and appeared to be well over-the-hill for the working scene. The punters appeared to be waiting in queue for the Bingo game to start.

Dodger wants more action, music, dancing, sleaze and go-go bars.The Complex is so aloud in music that you can't even have a conversation; lots of dancing in Venue and M2M bar; plenty of massage shops; for sleaze that ended with Eros and Good Boys in Sunee. As for go go bars they are not permitted!

And, where go go bars are allowed such as Boyztown and Sunee they are basically empty except for BBB which is a boy bar designed for Asian ladies.

I believe Jomtien Complex is as good as it gets these days with something for mostly everybody.

15. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (November 8th, 2022)