Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: So anyone back to Taiwan?

Liked

So anyone back to Taiwan?

Taiwan reopened its borders on October 13, but it still requires a 7-day period of what the officials call a " self-initiated epidemic prevention", which includes doing several at-home Covid tests and maintaining a “one person per room” stay during that same period.

So I'm wondering if anyone in this forum made the trip in there or planning to in the coming days, especially since Taipei pride will be at the end of this week. If so, how easy was to navigate through the prevention requirements? Was it possible to have any guests in your room during that initial first week?

Liked

Re: So anyone back to Taiwan?

A friend has been to Taiwan recently and will go again soon, he says the isolation and tests are not as bad as they sound, was no problem for him. I will not go to Taiwan over autumn/winter for fear of cold weather, but might be back next spring.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    A friend has been to Taiwan recently and will go again soon, he says the isolation and tests are not as bad as they sound, was no problem for him. I will not go to Taiwan over autumn/winter for fear of cold weather, but might be back next spring.
    Thanks for your reply, Christian. It's true that Taiwan can get cold in the winter. I was there in 2020, at the end of January. Some days were much colder than I expected, especially in Taichung, so much so that I ended up buying a jacket and a scarf. My Taiwanese friend said that usually is not that cold, but that year was a bit exceptional. I really love the weather in October when I go for Taipei pride. It's neither hot or cold. Heard it rained though during this year's pride. been there also in April and May. It's already kinda hot and it gets pretty rainy.

I'm still deciding if I should go to Taiwan or do Vietnam and Singapore after spending Xmas and NYE in Bangkok. Miss Taiwan more than Vietnam, but what's holding me back from going there are: the weather, the entry requirements and masks being mandatory. I really enjoy the saunas in Taiwan, but cruising in saunas with masked people takes so much from the experience. I experienced it at Krubb in Bangkok this August.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (November 16th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

club church in amsterdam used to have "mask night", took some adjusting, was almost like your other senses had to compensate for the lack of face or facial clues, basicall you were naked except for shoes and a mask.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    club church in amsterdam used to have "mask night", took some adjusting, was almost like your other senses had to compensate for the lack of face or facial clues, basicall you were naked except for shoes and a mask.
    Bet you actually looked good!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

sarcasm...very bitchy...love it...