List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Gogo Bars, Which is “cheaper”?, Individual Drinks or Get a bottle of Hard Liquor

Liked

In Gogo Bars, Which is “cheaper”?, Individual Drinks or Get a bottle of Hard Liquor

When I am inside a gogo bar, i tend to see some customers with a couple or more of boys in his table drinking. I was just wondering if it’s “cheaper” this way to get like a bottle of let’s say Jack Daniels and invite boys over? Or do you still recommend getting single drink every time for the boy and whoever like to join?

Considering drinks are at 300 to 500 each, while a bottle of liquor is around 1500 to 3500 baht

I’m in a context of just having fun, please don’t consider the idea of getting ripped off (coz we all know we are already ripped off once we go in)

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 1st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: In Gogo Bars, Which is “cheaper”?, Individual Drinks or Get a bottle of Hard Liquor

In such cases you do not think about prices-its all about status and showing off. And think Thai: JD would not be 1st choice-if at all available.
    In most places the ´mixers=soda, soft´ comes free with it (a bottle of soda cost <10 bt in shops) or at very reduced prices. ´Whiskey-or its Thai equiv. will always be mixed as such. So IF you intend to spread out that many drinks and/or relish that thought of a bunch of guys sitting+smiling around you, then yes, it will be cheaper as buying all an indiv. drink. Regular customers can have that bottle half-empty in stock to keep for next time-those in the know will put mark-strips on it-for just in case......

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 1st, 2022), llz (October 24th, 2022)

Liked

Re: In Gogo Bars, Which is “cheaper”?, Individual Drinks or Get a bottle of Hard Liquor

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    In such cases you do not think about prices-its all about status and showing off.
    I can only speak for myself, and I like buying bottles. I find that it is convenient and cheaper. Just because it is so much cheaper, I don't see where the raise in status should come from.

I assume that there are many places where bottles are so expensive that it might be showing off. Not in the places I frequent in Pattaya such as Nice boys.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 28th, 2022), GerBear1958 (November 1st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The boys don’t like it when you buying a bottle.

The reason. They gets a cut on each separate drink you buy. That’s why a “boy drink” is more expensive than your drink....the difference (should) go to the boy.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The boys don’t like it when you buying a bottle.
    Hahaha yeah, but I don't buy the bottle to make them happy. When I have a boy come sit with me, he can drink what he wants. Some boys go for the bottle and others take a boy drink. I guess that in some places they are pushed by the bar to order separate drinks and that is fine. While I am having fun, I'm not forgetting that this is their job. I'm usually there with 1 or 2 other people, so it is great value. It doesn't mean I am a cheap charlie.

The prices for a single drink that OP is talking about must be in Bangkok. I have no experience there. A few years ago you could still get a bottle of Thai Whiskey for 1500 baht and if you would buy a bottle for the boys it would be 1200. Mind you, this is for all the boys in the bar, not the one you are fondling.

So I would say, see how much YOU drink, and if buying a bottle would mean you would be cheaper off... Also, think like this. You get a fixed price, and you can have fun all night long. Again, I don't know the gogos in Bangkok and I would only do this in Pattaya's Nice boys or Cupidol (RIP) etc. The Bars that are overmanaged are only good for picking up a boy and leave.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

I’m not sure which is cheaper . If I’m on my own I would not buy a bottle just to attract a group of boys. Instead I buy individual drinks for myself and for any boy who sits with me. However occasionally I’m with two or three gay friends in a gogo looking for boys. In this case I order a bottle plus mixers to start a small party.

Liked

The downside of buying a bottle for a group of boys is they, the boys, cannot sit with other customers who may be interested in a companion. Meaning you are hogging all the boys for yourself.

13. User who gave Like to post:

aussie (October 27th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The downside of buying a bottle for a group of boys is they, the boys, cannot sit with other customers who may be interested in a companion. Meaning you are hogging all the boys for yourself.

Not true. I've bought lots of bottles for the bar before, and generally one guy pours all the drinks, then hands them around. After that, one after the other comes by and clinks your glass to say thanks, then proceeds to go back on stage with their drink.

Never did like that clinking glass part though, and wish they would have never done that.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 28th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Never did like that clinking glass part though, and wish they would have never done that.
    In a vacuum, that sounds like a very random thing to regret.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    In a vacuum, that sounds like a very random thing to regret.
    I just always wanted to do something nice for the guys. Wasn't looking to get my ass kissed, or be made to feel as though I'm above them or something.

With my actual business operations, then yes, I'm the boss and I expect a certain level of respect. However, this glass clinking thing wasn't needed, and just made me feel uneasy.

It's almost the reverse of idiot farangs who run around waiing go-go boys.